Best way to get Droid X?

Nasteee

Reaction score
Hey guys. I know Verizon isn't doing any pre-orders for the Droid X, and Best Buy had them twice, but no longer do. I was wondering what you think the best way to get the new Droid X is going to be? Are they going to be able to be bought online through the Verizon site on launch day? Will there be huge lines at Verizon stores? If so do we assume they are going to run out of stock immediately? Just wondering if anyone knows what is to be expected or has any advice.

Thanks!

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
If you really want an X on launch day, call your Verizon and ask what time they open...then go an hour early i say.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I don't think there will be huge lines. Of course whenever I wait in line there is no issue and when I don't I miss out!

And the best way to get a Droid X? I guess that's when mom gives you one :)

Valle

Reaction score
Or you could be lucky like me. I'm a UPS man and have a Verizon store on my route. The guys have already told me they will set aside anything i need dancedroid

Reaction score
If I am going to get the phone I am going to get there at 6am, store opens at 8.

Last edited:

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
I was wondering what you think the best way to get the new Droid X is going to be?
Qualify what you mean by "best".

Are you looking to ensure that you get one? Are you looking for cheapest? Easiest?

_BoneZ_

Reaction score
Or you could be lucky like me. I'm a UPS man and have a Verizon store on my route. The guys have already told me they will set aside anything i need dancedroid
You lucky mofo! That's great stuff! :)

iPirate

Reaction score
I was wondering what you think the best way to get the new Droid X is going to be?
Qualify what you mean by "best".

Are you looking to ensure that you get one? Are you looking for cheapest? Easiest?

Both easiest, and to ensure that I get one.

Pay a homeless person to wait in line for your

Easy because it will only cost you $20ish and you will get one cause he will stay in line if you give him the $20 after you get your phone.

dancedroid

Cathbad

Reaction score
Getting mine.

My daughter went to a Verizon franchise store to ask how to get the Droid-X. They told her that if I wanted it on the first day I'd have to pay in advance. So she did( she has a card on my account). They told me that they would call me when UPS delivers on Thursday. dancedroid

iPirate

Reaction score
My daughter went to a Verizon franchise store to ask how to get the Droid-X. They told her that if I wanted it on the first day I'd have to pay in advance. So she did( she has a card on my account). They told me that they would call me when UPS delivers on Thursday. dancedroid

That is even easier than the homeless person method...

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

Seems like you could just have Valle stop by your house and save him the trip to the store.

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
I share everyone's excitement - the Droid X is gonna be one VERY cool phone. *BUT*, if a way isn't found to root it, and install custom Roms, like the Moto-Droid, it's gonna put a severe cramp in the excitement factor for all of us.

-Mike

Valle

Reaction score

Seems like you could just have Valle stop by your house and save him the trip to the store.

If you're in La Crescenta i could :p