Is a verizon store best place to purchase? Or online? Any secret for getting best $

OP
M

Mfusick

Reaction score
I didn't read most of this thread but buying from the VZW store is the worst option. Walmart, Amazon and especially Wirefly will save you all kinds of money. I got my. D1 from Wirefly for 10 bucks when it was still 200 at vzw.

why would the store have a higher price than online?

velocity92c

Reaction score
I don't know why but you can go to wirefly yourself and see the crazy deals they offer. They're offering the new vzw galaxy s phone (which just came out, and is awesome) for 9 bucks for new contracts. Their deals are insane. VZW rarely has good deals in store.

Silverwing

Reaction score
How do I disable the search soft key's long press bringing up voice search?

Mods delete please.

Last edited:

androidv1.0

Reaction score
advantage of store is you can touch and feel it before you buy it and return it locally for 30 days

I need to touch and feel to decide the droid 2 with real keyboard vs droid X with HDMI, 720p video, bigger screen and best battery life, and 8meg camera

hmmm...

all depends on size and how they feel in my hands.. how good the touch screen works for texting vs a real keyboard
that's true what you're saying about the stores. I totally agree. here's the thing. the stores (the businesses) aren't looking out for you. they're looking out for number one...THEMSELVES. so, yeah, if they have to downsize so they can operate at a lower cost, that's how they're gonna do it...regardless of what's easier for the customer.

VampyricDroid

Reaction score
Walmart is the cheapest but I don't trust them the only thing I get from there is food and movies. from my experience bestbuy is the most trust worthy place for electronics of all kinds. I get everything from music to hdtvs and computers from them. but that's just me.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

jcho123

Reaction score
I personally think NewEgg.com is the best place to buy any cell phone and plan. I got my Droid1 about 4 months ago, for no charge as in $0.00 with no rebate while Verizon Wireless online and store was charging $99.99, also with no rebate. Also the data and talk plans are much cheaper than buying on the Verizon Wireless online or store. AND I should also mention, neweggs cell phone protection plan cost $69.99 A YEAR, which equates to about $5.83 a month, and instead of paying a $50 deductible for each claim like you do with Verizons protection plan which costs $5.99 a month, you get a $600 allowance on claims for the year.

everstar80

Reaction score
There is a current post in I think the general forum news that spoke of purchasing the droid 2 for fifty bucks on amazon. I don't know if that deal is still there or if its even valid but you can check it out. Personally either online or over the phone with a sales rep with the national customer service number, especially for accessories because they can give you discounts not offered in the syore even if its the same product. Hope that helps.

RemyL75

Reaction score
I have been using Wirefly for years to get all of my phones. I don't mind waiting the 2 days for shipping, and their prices are usually great. I've never had a problem with them, and even when i sent a phone back, I didn't have any issues getting a different model and paying the difference. I have even moved my cell numbers from T-Mobile to VZW without any issues. They have always been good to me.

Right now, Droid 1, Droid 2, and Fascinate are all 99.99 if you are upgraging. Droid X is 179.99 if you are upgrading or getting a new contract. I say at least check them out.

Jamb

Reaction score
I usually go to Verizom,My last encounter at Verizon CSR was not so good,they refused to help . I went to Sam's Club and bought phone and saved a bundle.

Jamb

Reaction score
Here's a follow up from this morning,I spoke with a dancedroidVerizon rep. a short while ago and once again after explaining what happened to me yesterday they fixed the situation perfectly. Thank you Verizon once again! I bought my cases,screen savers,headphones all at Verizon the quality was the finest and one phone case is 2-1/2 years old still holding up!

Last edited:

a73

Reaction score
Best Buy wouldn't give me my new every two discount when I wanted to but my Droid 1 last November. Costco is a very good option, they throw in free, albeit cheap, accessories for free. Also they have a more liberal return policy, 90 days I think

R

RETG

I have found local shops, in areas where there are no actual Verizon corporate stores, tend to try and take advantage of the situation. I tried to purchase my current Tour locally, but they wanted to charge me 100 more. So, I went back to the standard of ordering via the internet.

That is one reason why I start early in deciding my next phone. The nearest Verizon Corp. store is 115 miles away. I go there on occasion for shopping, so I stop in an play with the phones. Determine which one I like, then do the research (as I'm doing now on this forum). Then in Dec. I will order via the Internet.

I guess if I had a Verizon store down the street, I might just go into the store to order. But that is not an option.

Jamb

Reaction score
I hope they come soon to Utah! It's quite a plus for me having 4 Verizon corporate stores all within 20 min. drive North,South,East,West of me!

Last edited:

stric9

Reaction score
A Verizon store is definitely not the best place to purchase. Prices are often higher than they are anywhere else. The employees are more often than not incompetent and mishandle phones. I've even seen employees taking the liberty of downloading apps from the Market without owner consent. Plus they try to upsell you. They're scumbags.

In order I would say first try Wirefly, then VZW online/by phone, then the dark alley behind the crack house, then the VZW store.

EDIT: Definitely go to the store and try out the phones if you'd like, but don't buy there.

This is not all ways true. All phone in my store are priced the same as verizonwireless.com and they all come with free case and car charger. I'm sorry you had a bad experience in a store, but there all different with different owners