iphone user diving into the world of android.

j2droid

Reaction score
Hello all! I'm a former iphone user that currently has a Windows phone (that I'm not crazy about) and I'm looking for suggestions on which phone to get for my android experience. I did have a droid incredible as my first smartphone and it was quite possibly the worst experience of my life which is why I jumped ship to iPhone. After much deliberation I have decided my next phone will be andoid. Problem is with all the upcoming releases which phone should I go for? I'm really digging the Droid Maxx with it's battery life but I've never heard a bad thing about the Note 2. Also the GS4 is in consideration as well as the HTC one. I have Verizon btw. HELP ME MAKE A DECISION ALREADY!!!

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
When do you plan to switch? You really can't go wrong with any of the top tier phones out right now.

I contemplated getting the 928 myself, I spent almost 45min with one in store and I just couldn't commit to it for the next 2yrs. I went with the s4 and have not regretted it for even one second. The s4 shows how much Android has grown and as a former Inc owner, I can tell you the experience is far better than what you remember.

The Note 2 is another great top tier phone. I personally didn't want a phone that big and the screen on the s4 blew it away imo. The Note 3 could be releasing soon, so that's something to consider, although there hasn't been any official word.

The One was indeed another choice I would've considered had it been available. Build quality is top notch and the front facing speakers make a world of difference for media buffs. I compared it side by side at an AT&T store, and I personally found the s4 display to be better, but that's just me. It felt a bit snappier than the s4 but not by much, either phone blew away my Nexus in terms of speed.

You got some tough choices to make, but best advice is to go to the store and try them out.

xtor

Reaction score
Hello all! I'm a former iphone user that currently has a Windows phone (that I'm not crazy about) and I'm looking for suggestions on which phone to get for my android experience. I did have a droid incredible as my first smartphone and it was quite possibly the worst experience of my life which is why I jumped ship to iPhone. After much deliberation I have decided my next phone will be andoid. Problem is with all the upcoming releases which phone should I go for? I'm really digging the Droid Maxx with it's battery life but I've never heard a bad thing about the Note 2. Also the GS4 is in consideration as well as the HTC one. I have Verizon btw. HELP ME MAKE A DECISION ALREADY!!!

Welcome to the forums, as a note 2 owerner I highly recommend it:), gs4 and htc are great phone's too, it all depends on what you want out of your phone, screen size on the note is very nice coming from the maxx, also vzw just dropped the note 2 to $199.00 can't go wrong there. In the next couple of months some new devices are being released and that maybe another thing to think about.

sent from a note yee (2)

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Have the RAZR MAXX and the battery is definitely a big plus. Still, doesn't compare to the S4, Note 2, One, etc. Liking the new Motorola line a lot, but there may be others that I'd consider for my next upgrade. Really, you can't go wrong with anything out new now, Android has really matured and the hardware is screaming fast now.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Hello and welcome to the forum! Good luck on your search for a great Android device - there are so many great ones out there depending on what you need to do with them...definitely try to get by one of your local stores to get some hands on time with the devices if ya haven't!

OP
J

j2droid

Reaction score
Thank you all for your help. I'm thinking hard about going with the GS4 or Note 2 since they both have proven track records and the note 2 is fairly cheap right now. My question is the build quality. The new Droid Maxx is very intriguing to me with the build quality and the battery life but after reading reviews on Droid's some people hate them and some people love them. I could just get the Gs4 and get a spare battery for it or the Note 2 but I don't know about having a phone of that size. Thanks again for your help as it is much needed. I'm just trying to not make the wrong decision.

newbroot83

Reaction score
Note 2 all the way. I cant say one bad thing, except maybe coverage isnt as strong as my maxx and the battery life isnt as great. But with such a large phone with such an incredible screen. ..what can one expect. Single best investment ive made

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2