Ipad 2 just killed the Xoom

Status
Not open for further replies.

knighthonor

Reaction score
XOOM.....NO FLASH.....NO NELFIX.....NO HAPTIC.....WHERE'S THE BAROMETER.....NO FM RADIO.....NO XM / SIRUS SATELLITE RADIO BUILT IN.....NO 3D. THIS XOOM THING I OWN AND GOING TO RETURN TO BEST BUY IS A HALF BAKED PREMATURE BIRTH JUNK. MANY MANY TABS WILL BE OUT SOON PUTTING THIS THING BACK ING THE BOX JUST LIKE THAT CRAPPY GALAXY TAB I TOOK BACK. HOW DISAPPOINTING. SEEMS IPAD IS THE ONLY TAB EVEN WITHOUT FLASH YHAT IS PRETTY MUCH JAMMING STRAIGHT OUT OF THE BOX.

Satmans X
Anybody else agree with this poster?

bplewis24

Reaction score
When it comes down to it, if the thing works well, it works well. The Xoom is laggy and unoptimized. It may have all the fancy new gadgets and highest specs, but it doesn't make up for a poor user experience.

the xoom is laggy and overpriced.

precisely. specs mean nothing in real world use (as far as tablets are concerned). and benchmarks mean even less. if the software is not optimized for the hardware you get a XOOM.

*facepalm*

I guess folks here seriously have trouble with reading comprehension when they can say things that are flat out lies and contradict what people who actually use the products have to say about them.

You can continue lying to yourselves to help justify your position, but don't expect people with brains to actually believe it. You people should be ashamed of yourselves spreading FUD the way you are over a consumer electronics product.

The iPad and iPad2 are great devices and don't need people telling flat out lies in order to boost them up in comparison. iPad2 will easily outsell the Xoom this year, so people lying about the Xoom's performance is not necessary.

However, the fact is that the Xoom's blend of software and hardware is unmatched. The proof is in the pudding. That does not mean the iPad2 isn't a good product. It's simply 2nd best in features and has fallen behind in OS UI, and that is the only analysis possible when looking at both platforms objectively.

If you don't believe it, go read the review from the Apple fan himself: Motorola Xoom Review: The First Honeycomb Tablet Arrives - AnandTech :: Your Source for Hardware Analysis and News

And, seriously, quit lying and making up false accusations about a product you clearly haven't used.

Brandon

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
When it comes down to it, if the thing works well, it works well. The Xoom is laggy and unoptimized. It may have all the fancy new gadgets and highest specs, but it doesn't make up for a poor user experience.

the xoom is laggy and overpriced.

precisely. specs mean nothing in real world use (as far as tablets are concerned). and benchmarks mean even less. if the software is not optimized for the hardware you get a XOOM.

*facepalm*

I guess folks here seriously have trouble with reading comprehension when they can say things that are flat out lies and contradict what people who actually use the products have to say about them.

You can continue lying to yourselves to help justify your position, but don't expect people with brains to actually believe it. You people should be ashamed of yourselves spreading FUD the way you are over a consumer electronics product.

The iPad and iPad2 are great devices and don't need people telling flat out lies in order to boost them up in comparison. iPad2 will easily outsell the Xoom this year, so people lying about the Xoom's performance is not necessary.

However, the fact is that the Xoom's blend of software and hardware is unmatched. The proof is in the pudding. That does not mean the iPad2 isn't a good product. It's simply 2nd best in features and has fallen behind in OS UI, and that is the only analysis possible when looking at both platforms objectively.

If you don't believe it, go read the review from the Apple fan himself: Motorola Xoom Review: The First Honeycomb Tablet Arrives - AnandTech :: Your Source for Hardware Analysis and News

And, seriously, quit lying and making up false accusations about a product you clearly haven't used.

Brandon

More silliness. What possible point would there be in lying? Here's another review: Review: Motorola XOOM

You can read the part about performance if you'd like. Here, I'll paste it here for you: "And yet, with all of that power system slow downs, lag, and other stutter problems were seen throughout the OS numerous times. Even something as simple as scrolling to the bottom of an email list (with no other apps running) served up rather copious amounts of lag and choppy scrolling. From a bleeding edge tablet with bleeding edge hardware, this is worrisome and disappointing. A first generation iPad with half the memory and cores manages to operate more smoothly through a variety of similar instances without any noticeable lag. The only thing we can lay blame on is Android 3.0 not being perfectly optimized for this tablet. Hopefully future iterations of 3.x can improve upon this apparent speed issue."

It lags. To deny that is silly. To act as if it doesn't lag and that it's software is super optimized for it's hardware is even sillier (it's not even close, buddy). I find it hilarious that you're essentially telling people that the lag they experience on the XOOM is in their head...lol...seriously?

My One Hour with the Motorola Xoom | Benzinga.com

Motorola Xoom Review: The First Honeycomb Tablet Arrives - AnandTech :: Your Source for Hardware Analysis and News -- did you even read your own link, he alludes to the lag too...

Motorola Xoom review -- Engadget -- "One other big note: a lot of the new software feels like it isn't quite out of beta (surprise surprise). We had our fair share of force closes and bizarre freezes, particularly in the Market app and Movie Studio. Most applications were fine, but there definitely some moments where we felt like the whole device was teetering on the brink of a total crash."

Motorola Xoom reviews far from positive

You claim to be objective, but you're telling people who report lag and choppiness that they're liars. Pretty odd.

I'm not saying that the XOOM is crawling at snail's pace and it's impossible to navigate because of the lag, but if you're trying to insinuate that it's as smooth and fluid as the iPad, the only person that's lying (most probably to yourself to validate your purchase) is you.

Marnett05

Reaction score
I'm honestly amazed at all the people saying how awesome the iPad 2 is. Sure, the Xoom doesn't have a whole lot of tablet native apps, but with a large number of Android tablets out in the next year, you'll see developers flock to the new market. SD Card support isn't available on the Xoom yet, but at least it's coming. So is Flash. Everyone is talking about RIGHT NOW, and anyone who bought a Xoom and didn't expect it to need improving is naive. It's the first of it's kind, and quite frankly, I'm blown away.

The OS is actually made for a tablet, and it shows. It's not just a bunch of blocks on a screen, it's fully functioning widgets that do their job with needing to be opened.

I've spent quite awhile playing with an iPad, and I'm very happy with my choice to wait for an Andriod tablet. Sure, the Xoom has it's flaws, but Google and Motorola are working to fix them as soon as possible. It may not have the iPad feel to it, and I'm DAMN happy about that.

So, if you want an iPad, go buy one. I'll stick with my Xoom, because to me, there is NO comparison.

Last edited by a moderator:

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
I'm asking this nicely. Please act adult and simply discuss the topic at hand without attacking members and getting out of hand. Is it really impossible to discuss an Apple product on here without going off the deep end? Maturity should say otherwise.

j joy j

Reaction score
I have found this to be a very interesting thread. I'm pad virgin if you will, but love my technology and do a lot of research prior to making my purchases. I was going to buy the iPad 1 and saw there were rumors of pads trying to surface, competition, so I waited. The one I was waiting to read feedback on was the Xoom. And then the iPad 2 was announced. It's time to sh*t of get off the pot and just buy one!

I have used a Blackberry for years but also have a DInc. I've also had an iPod for years too. So I'm comfy with the OSs and the 'feel' of the systems of each.

No matter how much research I do it always boils down to MY personal preference and not what others love/hate, although I take all that into consideration. I want to love the iPad and right when I'm about to pull the trigger I always seem to be stopped and pull towards the Xoom, feeling that it's a more 'complete' package.

Both have their pros and cons, that's obvious. Everything that comes out will, and no matter what features it has we'll always want a little more. (Kind of like me and purses, I can never find the right one with pockets and straps and size etc that fits my needs, if only someone would let me design my own and make it for me I would be set). But threads like these are what help me to make a more informed decision. A true researcher will read past the garbage that may get posted, although it is kind of funny.

So thanks for all the very informative and sometimes funny posts and entertainment.

nimblejester

Reaction score
Listen I worked for the people.
First OSX only supports maybe 400 pieces of hardware. Maybe microsoft should kill support for all the old crap people hang on to.
Next average hole, backdoor, open port and etc... takes about six to eight months to fix.
Apple just plain milks their people. I pad, I pad 2, I pad 3, how many versions of the phone, hey lets name our service packs and sell them....

I have a I pad sitting here only 32gig but have one, yay I still can't find the SD card slot...

PS. Just sold a Sager to a Mac book pro guy.. lol he loves it hell I miss it

Yes on old hardware omg I was talking to that guy he said he paid like $2600 and the thing only had a 9700GS half gig card.
Wow.

Well it was pretty, lol

Sent from my Xoom using DroidForums App

UNC

Reaction score
XOOM.....NO FLASH.....NO NELFIX.....NO HAPTIC.....WHERE'S THE BAROMETER.....NO FM RADIO.....NO XM / SIRUS SATELLITE RADIO BUILT IN.....NO 3D. THIS XOOM THING I OWN AND GOING TO RETURN TO BEST BUY IS A HALF BAKED PREMATURE BIRTH JUNK. MANY MANY TABS WILL BE OUT SOON PUTTING THIS THING BACK ING THE BOX JUST LIKE THAT CRAPPY GALAXY TAB I TOOK BACK. HOW DISAPPOINTING. SEEMS IPAD IS THE ONLY TAB EVEN WITHOUT FLASH YHAT IS PRETTY MUCH JAMMING STRAIGHT OUT OF THE BOX.

Based on the caps lock and the vitriol in this post, I don't know if this guy/girl has ever even held a Galaxy, Xoom, or iPad. I can't read the post count since I'm using the app, but I imagine its <10...

I prefer the iPad, its a much smoother and more rewarding device, to me anyway. But with that being said, the Galaxy and Xoom are not the Archos or the Kmart Tablet, they are actually really great devices. My whole point was not to put down the Android tablets, it was merely to point out that iPad1 is much, much more responsive, even with much lesser specs.

And about the Playbook... All of you are selling the PB way too short. I am 100% sure that the PB will outsell the Xoom. It has much better looking hardware and equivalent specs, it also should be able to run all Android apps, as well as RIM's "super apps", all while retaining a $500 price point. It also has a new OS built specifically for dual-core cpus.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb

Satmans X
Anybody else agree with this poster?

No, All 4 of his posts are just him complaining....

Big Lou

Reaction score
Listen I worked for the people.
First OSX only supports maybe 400 pieces of hardware. Maybe microsoft should kill support for all the old crap people hang on to.
Next average hole, backdoor, open port and etc... takes about six to eight months to fix.
Apple just plain milks their people. I pad, I pad 2, I pad 3, how many versions of the phone, hey lets name our service packs and sell them....

I have a I pad sitting here only 32gig but have one, yay I still can't find the SD card slot...

PS. Just sold a Sager to a Mac book pro guy.. lol he loves it hell I miss it

Yes on old hardware omg I was talking to that guy he said he paid like $2600 and the thing only had a 9700GS half gig card.
Wow.

Well it was pretty, lol

Sent from my Xoom using DroidForums App
LOL, did anyone get this???

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm asking this nicely. Please act adult and simply discuss the topic at hand without attacking members and getting out of hand. Is it really impossible to discuss an Apple product on here without going off the deep end? Maturity should say otherwise.

Didn't you know that the type of device you "back" correlates directly with the type of human being you are? ...:icon_eek:

The day the Apple vs Android discussion on DF.net doesn't need a mod's intervention will be the day I... well... do something crazy and unheard of.

People care too much about this stuff, to the point of complete irrationality.

Status
Not open for further replies.