i returned my xoom

Reaction score
I returned mine too, but I will be picking up the WiFi only Xoom as soon as it drops - I just couldn't justify the extra $300 for something that I will never use...

That's what I plan to do

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Haloman800

Reaction score
@sik use it for what exactly? I can't justify buying one just because it can do less than half what a PC can...

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

10roller

Reaction score
Thr xoom will be able to greatly improve once HC AOSP is released.. its nice already but will get better.

My Gtab is awesome once loaded with a custom ROM. The tegra 2 is great, just wait til Google and nvidia release the code.
And my fav keyboard
screenshot1landsc.png

nolanandy

Reaction score
I had a chance to touch the Xoom over the weekend at Costco. I think I will skip this version for now. It's kind a heavy, the touch UI is not that click as I have seen on the iPad, the speaker is built on the back which is kind a weird when you play a song or play game on it, its sound made the device vibrates (not a good idea specially for kids and the elderlies. I can see why people are into the iPad2 more than a Xoom. I want to see what the Playbook has before making decision to get the iPad2. I have a feeling that the Playbook won't be released until this summer, not March for sure. RIMM is taking notes on the Xoom....

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I returned mine too, but I will be picking up the WiFi only Xoom as soon as it drops - I just couldn't justify the extra $300 for something that I will never use...

Very true. I don't like the way this was distributed, they should have released a wifi version immediately.

briankeith513

Reaction score
HTML5 really is the future of the internet and flash is the past. I got to give it to apple for sticking with it and pretty much forcing content distributors to switch by not including flash.

These statements are hilarious! You might as well say, "I got to give it to apple for not including flash, so that customers won't have a full browsing experience" "Html5 is the future in my opinion, so our apple customers will have to wait until all websites that used flash, are updated to use html5 instead....and then they can have a full browsing experience." Dude, your argument is horrible. Not including flash makes it so that you can't even view various websites, and that's a fact, not an opinion. HTML5 being the future, may be a possibility, but how does that help current apple devices???

briankeith513

Reaction score
welcome back... frankly I knew you would be back the moment you said you were going to the ios side, but glad to have ya.

I'm guessing that you are talking to me?? If so, yeah, I like Android a lot...but I also like IOS. Where Android fails, IOS excels, and vice versa. I still have my Iphone 4, which I love, but I'm getting both a Thunderbolt and Xoom tomorrow.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
HTML5 really is the future of the internet and flash is the past. I got to give it to apple for sticking with it and pretty much forcing content distributors to switch by not including flash.

These statements are hilarious! You might as well say, "I got to give it to apple for not including flash, so that customers won't have a full browsing experience" "Html5 is the future in my opinion, so our apple customers will have to wait until all websites that used flash, are updated to use html5 instead....and then they can have a full browsing experience." Dude, your argument is horrible. Not including flash makes it so that you can't even view various websites, and that's a fact, not an opinion. HTML5 being the future, may be a possibility, but how does that help current apple devices???

Although his argument may have some holes it's a known fact that HTML5 is going to be the future. Flash is going to be slowly, and i mean very slowly, phased out. Alot of developers see great potential in HTML5 and it's more friendly to mobile devices, which the world is becoming, more mobile.

Flash will most likely die out, but it'll be like the ps2, long but graceful phase out:)

briankeith513

Reaction score

Although his argument may have some holes it's a known fact that HTML5 is going to be the future. Flash is going to be slowly, and i mean very slowly, phased out. Alot of developers see great potential in HTML5 and it's more friendly to mobile devices, which the world is becoming, more mobile.

Flash will most likely die out, but it'll be like the ps2, long but graceful phase out:)

The thing is, flash being the future means absolutely nothing for the present time, and the experience of not being able to access various web content. Someone can say html5 is the future for another 2 years or longer.......while I get error messages telling me to install flash, or blank pages because Jobs says no to Adobe. And my consolation is that html5 is he future? Lmao

Sent from my VZW iPhone using Tapatalk

briankeith513

Reaction score
Just got my Xoom and Thunderbolt, but I just have my Thunderbolt charging at this time. Ummm, I don't understand this. The Xoom......everything is so slow. Scrolling in the browser, tapping on apps, takes too long to open, just did the ota update, but that did nothing but add adobe flash. I just don't get it.

jnmigr

Reaction score
I will wait for the other tab.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

jfran2

Reaction score
shouldn't be slow

Your new Xoom should be super snappy! You might take it back where you got it and compare it to another. And the Flash update you need to get from the Android market. Good luck!