Ipad 2 just killed the Xoom

Status
Not open for further replies.

patfactorx

Reaction score
Dual core tablet, lighter, thinner and a LOT cheaper. I think iPad 2 just demolished Xoom sales for the rest of the year

Thevaristy

Reaction score
Not so sure about that. It still pretty much has the same limitations as ipad1. Yeah, its faster and lighter, and has cameras, but the UI is still not optimal for tablets imho. Still no flash, still no widgets, no real customization. I do agree, tablet manufacturers will have to respond on price.

Thevaristy

Reaction score
Wait, the iPad OS isn't optimal for tablets? Really? I'm curious about that one.

Not in my opinion. Its the same ui as used on iphones and ipods. Just a series of screens showing apps four to a row. No widgets, no customization. Dont even get me started on how cluttered and ugly the folder icons are. They still have done very little to differentiate itself from an ipod touch.

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
Have you actually used an iPad? I mean beyond playing with it in a store? Because it seems completely optimized from what I have seen. What do you see that should be different?

Thevaristy

Reaction score
Actually with the addition of the cameras, it is just now catching up to the ipod touch.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Dual core tablet, lighter, thinner and a LOT cheaper. I think iPad 2 just demolished Xoom sales for the rest of the year

That's Apples strategy. And Motorola shot itself in the foot by not releasing a wifi only version from the start.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb

Personal Opinion..... Xoom still crushes any iPad

Thevaristy

Reaction score
I think aesthetics has alot to do with it. And I would certainly say that widgets are not just aesthetics. With Honeycomb, you have a new interface designed for a tablet.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Personal Opinion..... Xoom still crushes any iPad

Yeah, because it has flash. Wait a second, it doesn't. Well the Android Market and it's 151 pieces of Malware found today makes it better! It's open source!;)

Status
Not open for further replies.