i returned my xoom

sik

Reaction score
Yea would never return my xoom actually thinking about returning my bolt because I use the xoom so much

Lol my Droid just sleeps most often because I just got my XOOM. Now my only problem is getting my gf to quit playing Angry birds long enough to use it. The only complaint I would have is the keyboard. I thought we were getting the new one made by that company they bought up.

Edit: Swiftkey is what I was thinking of.
Edit: you can sign up to beta test it at their site. FYI

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

Hahaha so funny you say that my girl is constantly on angry birds on it. I knew I shouldn't have downloaded rio

Sweetie

Reaction score
I have both the xoom and a 32gb ipad wifi. I have been going between the two devices and haven't yet stuck with one. I love how thin and easy it is to hold the ipad however I just love browsing the internet on the xoom. I will have easily over 5 tabs open everytime I get on the browser. On the ipad its a pain to have that many windows open.
Hi. I just got my Xoom. I tried to use the "ebuddy" application but it forecloses. Do you know if there are any applications for im? Thanks

briankeith513

Reaction score
I have both the xoom and a 32gb ipad wifi. I have been going between the two devices and haven't yet stuck with one. I love how thin and easy it is to hold the ipad however I just love browsing the internet on the xoom. I will have easily over 5 tabs open everytime I get on the browser. On the ipad its a pain to have that many windows open.
Hi. I just got my Xoom. I tried to use the "ebuddy" application but it forecloses. Do you know if there are any applications for im? Thanks

I am sure that there are other im apps that you can get that will force close on the Xoom lol.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

RemyL75

Reaction score
Try using palringo for IM. But to be honest I haven't seen any IM apps ready for honeycomb yet.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Sweetie

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I appreciate it. I found a way around it. I created a shortcut for ebuddy on the home screen. When I click on it, it (of course uses the internet) works. It is faster than going on the internet and logging on every time. Xoxoxo

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

zenman77

Reaction score
I've had my Xoom for two weeks now, and bought it as a replacement for my dying Acer laptop. I have not yet even been tempted to open the laptop. There are still some things I haven't figured out how to do yet (like a Distribution List in my Email) but for the most part, I'm finding the Xoom an excellent replacement. I love the portability and being able to connect from anywhere. I only wish I were better at typing on a glass keyboard!

Sent from my Xoom using DroidForums App

Hey......... Try the thumbkeyboard in the market. It makes it a lot easier to type because it splits the keyboard in half and locates it on the left and right edges of the pad. I found it very useful and you can customize the daylights out of it... Just look under featured for tablets and thumb keyboard by beansoft.....

Sweetie

Reaction score
Hey. I love mine too. I purchased the bluetooth keyboard so that when I have to type alot. Xoxoxo

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

xoomdroid

Reaction score
Just got my Xoom Wifi last night and it is lightning fast, maybe u just got a lemon lol. Personnally I love the openness of android, and would never considered going back to crapple. I don't see how Honeycomb lacks AT ALL. Ios is just so limiting compared to Honeycomb.

I love my Xoom I guess to each their own, some people have different views on things. Such a shame the Xoom didnt work out for you.

en28so

Reaction score
I don't blame the OP for returning his zoom. I compared the zoom screen to the ipad 2. The clear winner is the ipad 2. I'm going to wait for the samsung tablets to see if they have a nicer screen. The Xoom was also very lagy, while the ipad 2 flew nice and smooth. I got 3 months to save up anyways, so by then the other honeycomb tablets will out maybe. I do love my droid X and would never get an iphone 4.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

patfactorx

Reaction score
Where Xoom fails Win7 succeeds. Netflix,hulu and unhindered Skype. I'm actually waiting for an APU powered convertible tablet

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

timrock

Reaction score
i had mines for about 4 days now and it started off good, but went downhill.

i download movies a lot, and tried to download a 600mb file thru wifi in my home (fios), and either the file wouldnt download, or it just took too long. once, the file downloaded, but rockplayer or mvideoplayer wouldnt play it. i downloaded the same file on dx and it played fine. then as i type this, im downloading a 697mb avi, and its only at 14mb, in just 20 minutes. i know its not my connection, because prior to this, on my pc, i downloaded a 9gb blu ray and that only took about 15 minutes to finish.

aside from this, the stock browser froze on me, i had to reboot it.

any my main gripe is, that i use ubuntu as my only OS, and the xoom doesnt get recognized when connected. there is a fix for this, but it doesnt work all the time. im very dissapointed in that aspect.

iNfAMOUS702

Reaction score
I reluctantly bought an ipad 2 over the XOOM but it was a very wise choice for me..I'm by no means a fan of apple BUT their products just work

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I have both.....clearly I prefer the xoom

Sent from my Xoom using DroidForums App

damineg35

Reaction score
returning mine to costco

I have had mine for three days now and it just isn't easy like it shouldn't be so hard to download movies media etc. I love my HTC inspire I do not like apple. I work for att but have stayed away from the I phone. I am not a wireless rep I work for the advertising division and wanted to use my xoom for customer presentations. Been a pain in the *** trying to set this up as I see my peers breezing through setup on their I pads. I have talked so much trash to them about their I phones but I may have to suck it up for the I pad 2:icon_evil: