invisible shield

lazarus2297

Reaction score
so i purchased my bionic at BBY today, and I got the invisible shield too. I noticed that on the package the picture was of the "etna" bionic, and sure enough the screen protector is actually for the etna bionic not the targa bionic. I went ahead with the purchase and the BBY guy did a good job of making it fit for now but I still want the correct shield. I emailed zagg (just now so no response yet) to inform/question them of the problem. I also noticed that if you search zagg.com for the bionic shield it's not on there. Has anyone purchased a bionic invisible shield that is the correct size?

mdroid2g

Reaction score
I ordered a case and screen protector and it should up today when I got home from buying my bionic. The case is way off and I had to modify the protector. Its my own fault I guess.
To avoid this issue make sure you are buying for the mot xt875 and NOT the mot xt865.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
L

lazarus2297

Reaction score
yeah i know about the different model numbers, I just think it's odd that zagg is sending out probably thousands of shields that are for the wrong device.. I just hope i get a response from them about getting the right version of if BBY gets another shipment of the right ones within 30 days i will just switch it out there.

drdlvr

Reaction score
I ordered mine today from the optishieldz website, but I emailed them first and made sure that it was for the model that came out today! They responded quick and assured me it was designed for this model!

scooby101

Reaction score
Do you really need the shield since the bionic has the gorilla glass?

ConqSoft

Reaction score
I use one (Zagg, clear) because it all but eliminates fingerprints and smudges.

Diocat

Reaction score
How bad is this fit? I just got one from a stand alone Best Buy store and it fits the flat portion of the glass almost perfectly (the top is a hair short). It does not go over where the screen starts to angle down into the phone's frame on my phone. Is this the issue you are having? From experience with Zagg products in the past, I personally thought that this was normal as most Zagg products that would account for tapers by having special cuts in it to compensate for it.

My Invisible Shield box also had a picture of the older version of the Bionic on it as well.

loonie01

Reaction score
I got one from the Best buy mobile store in the mall. The guy put the zagg on and it did cover the whole glass other than the camera, ear piece and the sensor. He did a good job too. Talked me into buying it with %30 off because there was a Ghost Armor kiosk right outside his shop.

ConqSoft

Reaction score
Mine fits on the flat part of the glass and doesn't go onto any of the beveled edges. Takes time and precision to get it exactly centered though.

GBH2

Reaction score
Mine fits on the flat part of the glass and doesn't go onto any of the beveled edges. Takes time and precision to get it exactly centered though.

So it covers the capacitive buttons also? Where did you buy it? Through Zagg? I wouldn't want to get stuck with one for the xt865 Etna.

ConqSoft

Reaction score
So it covers the capacitive buttons also? Where did you buy it? Through Zagg? I wouldn't want to get stuck with one for the xt865 Etna.

Yep, covers those also. Got it at Best Buy.

Here's a pic of the packaging. Fits perfectly.
18a37af2-0c34-21d4.jpg

Last edited: