Grr at invisable shield

qwiksilver711

Reaction score
Just tried to install zagg invisible shield on my droid, the cut out for the speaker wasnt totatlly cut so when I tried to remove it it tore the shield, very frustrating. I understand about gorilla glass and yadda yadda, I just like the feel of the invisible shield, and now i cant have it for now, bit frustrating

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Have you checked to see if they'll replace it since it's a manufacturing defect?

OP
Q

qwiksilver711

Reaction score
Have you checked to see if they'll replace it since it's a manufacturing defect?
sent an email, the website was going to give me a warranty no problem, but i'm not feeling like paying the shipping. I know its 3.95, but its the principle, I have done tint on cars, and tons of screen protectors, so i know what i'm doing, it was just what you said, a manuracturing defect.

browndanielusn

Reaction score
Just a few tips, I've learned from my third install...
Cut about a quarter of cm from the bottom, this will give you a little play so you don't get the screen on the lip, causing lint to get under leading to folds over a few weeks.
Use the solution to wet both sides, went its wet and good....put more.
Clean your screen really well, then run your shower on hot water with the door closed till it gets extremely steamy, go in and then do the install. The steam keeps the dust from getting under the protector. You said you've done tint so I won't go into bubble control. Start the lineup of the protector from the top, which is why I said cut that little bit from the botton.
Finally, you only get maybe two, three if lucky...chances to lay the screen, any more and it will get dry, you'll get fingerprints on the sticky part.
You may know this already, if so hope it helpsn someone else. I had to buy three to get it right. Fyi, after a few days of use, the feel will not be as stickly, and you won't even know its on.

victoriac

Reaction score
I had a heck of a time this afternoon installing it. It looks awful, makes me phone look like crap. I wish I never would have bought it! The toll free number said they would replace it one time for shipping cost but they usually don't exchange unless its damaged by something other than the customer putting it on!