Intermittent Data Connection

cbradshaw13

Reaction score
When in 3G, I keep losing signal. I'm literally sitting in one place with strong signal and drop to nothing. Eventually it comes back but annoying when you are in the middle if something online. Only seems to happen when i'm outside the 4G area. Only had the phone a week & wasn't sure if replacing the phone would make a difference. Thx.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Trash Can

Reaction score
Lots of people are complaining about data drops. Motorola released an update for the Bionic the other day and it seemed to help. Hopefully a fix will be on the way for the Razr soon.

In the mean time, put your phone's network mode in CDMA only (vs LTE/CDMA) and see if it holds the data connection.

OP
C

cbradshaw13

Reaction score
Thx. I was looking at the 4G map & noticing it occurs where I'm right on the 3G/4G boundary. I'll see if that change holds a steadier connection.

mobalized

Reaction score
Call Verizon and ask to file a Product Issue Form. I just spoke with them and this is not a documented issue for Motorola and Vz. They realize that this is the same issue the Bionic had and requested that I ask anyone that I know to call and file this form so that the process will be expedited. The tech said the more forms they have the faster it will be resolved. I am trying to spread the word to get this resolved.

Tom123

Reaction score
My razr does it when i am l am on the 4G 3G boarder. When i am in those locations i switch the razr to 3G only and it works fine.

mobalized

Reaction score
It is not supposed to be getting stuck in 1x though when switching it is a issue that needs to be addressed. I would encourage you to file the form with Verizon which I stated so the problem can be expeditiously resolved.

Tom123

Reaction score
Ok.

Will do.

joeygirl

Reaction score
Data Drops

I've had mine in CDMA only from the get go, 4G eats up too much battery and I don't really need. I am suffering dropped data constantly, for the last week. First 3 were great. Went to Verizon store and they told me I had to delete Task Killer and stick with 3G because they were having network problems. I am
wildly pissed off. I will be in the same room with other verizon wireless users and they all have network and I don't. This sucks.

Lots of people are complaining about data drops. Motorola released an update for the Bionic the other day and it seemed to help. Hopefully a fix will be on the way for the Razr soon.

In the mean time, put your phone's network mode in CDMA only (vs LTE/CDMA) and see if it holds the data connection.