Data connection issues.

devortiz06

Reaction score
I have had a droid razr maxx since june but the one I am using currently is a replacement (the vibrate motor quit working in the original) I have had for a little over a month. Just This week I began noticing that the data connection completely cuts out every few minutes, when it happens I still have signal but no 4G or 3G. It spends a minute tor two like this before connecting againt happens both at home and while ridding a train to the university but I have lived in the same place since before I had a smartphone and I never experienced such severe signal issues on the train befor both on the razr or my droid incredible I had before. The worst problem I have had before was simply weak signal or lack of 4G but it would always switch seemlesly back to 3g. It is currently so bad that it is difficult to use pandora or netflix, it has happened 3 times since I started typing this email. What is causing this?

djspy

Reaction score
I've been dealing with this issue for a month+ myself. I noticed that it happens when I have on 4G (LTE/CDMA) when I have it on 3G only it rarely happens.

jaye712

Reaction score
Might be ur local area.i would call verizon.it could be the simcard also,i had this problem..mines didnt match my plan n doin a 215 also helped 4g stay on better

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Its a network issue.. I too am having this same issue... :banghead:
Don't expect vzw to admit to the problem though.

OP
D

devortiz06

Reaction score
Might be ur local area.i would call verizon.it could be the simcard also,i had this problem..mines didnt match my plan n doin a 215 also helped 4g stay on better

A network problem makes sense but I will also have to call verizon to make sure it isnt something else. What is a 215? Ive tried using an let only mode but there is often no signal at all when I do that because a few places I go have weak 4g signal.

jaye712

Reaction score
On the side note,this is what app i got jst incase from the playstore,i dnt know about everyone else,but it works for me..whatever it is,i hope u find out what the problem is. the df folks will put some tips & light on forsure..,its pretty irritating isnt it lol ..

View attachment 58327

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Make sure it is not set to global data (for whatever reason that is the default data setting). Go to settings --->more... (under data usage) ---> mobile networks ---> network mode ---> select LTE/CDMA.

On global, the phone will spend time looking for the best signal, searching gsm, cdma, lte...instead of just looking for only CDMA/LTE. Uses more battery and causes data drops.

eek88dj

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S6 Active
Im having the same issue for about three weeks now. Ill go to the tower ill have great signal when i leave it gies back to 1 to 2 bars again. 106dbm speed 418. My area is suppose to be good service. I tried that app restore didnt help me and the 215 leak also no help. Im so po at this now. I just dont know what to do...

eek88dj

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S6 Active
Its a network issue.. I too am having this same issue... :banghead:
Don't expect vzw to admit to the problem though.
What are we suppose to do? It worthless this way...

jaye712

Reaction score
That sucks,both works excellent for me n i live in a so so area..Getin a new sim would be my last resort in ur case,replacement after if anything