Interesting find over at the Moto Forum

The Robot Cow

Reaction score
I was over that the motorola owner's forum and i mentioned rooting and running roms, and i did a bit of digging and i came across this:

Don’t do crimes, hack or otherwise color outside the lines. Piracy, device hacking, unauthorized unlocking and posting of illegal content is forbidden. This includes: the posting or recommendation of the use of "hidden menus" and commands not generally accessible through a phone's main menus; unauthorized redistribution of Motorola software; links to and excessive discussion of any non-standard software loads for locked devices; and any discussion, links or instruction for updating Motorola device software other than those sanctioned by Motorola or in the areas designated for that activity. We will remove links to hacking instructions and excessive discussion of hacking locked devices, as it is a practice we can't support and don't encourage. We judge what is excessive. Any discussions of non-Motorola software for unlocked devices must remain in the areas created for those discussions, and all other site rules apply in those areas. Please note that a device running a non-approved software load will be recognized as non-standard and will not receive future over-the-air software updates.

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well yeah the OEM forums are not going to encourage rooting or ROMing obviously...