Xoom Updates Begin!

WillC

Reaction score
https://supportforums.motorola.com/thread/45745

We are happy to announce that an over-the-air update to the Motorola XOOM software will start rolling out in phases tonight to all Motroola XOOM owners on the Verizon Wireless network.

You can receive the update over a 3G or a WiFi connection. If you are not connected via WiFi or 3G, or your Motorola XOOM is off when the notification arrives, you will see the notification when you next connect to a wireless network.

If you have unlocked/rooted your Motorola XOOM, you must restore it to the standard software load and relock your device to receive the notification. Owners who have unlocked/rooted can find more information here in the Motorola Xoom unlock / non-standard area of Motorola Owners’ Forums.

More information on the contents of the update can be found here.

kdanielson

Reaction score
Got my update about 2 hours ago. Turned on my Xoom and there was a message on the screen that there was an update ready. Hit "Install Now", update too about 5 minutes, then reboot and done. The "About" screen now shows Android Ver. 3.0.1. Not really anything else noticeable about the update so far....

shizumie

Reaction score
Yup got my first one last night, and my wife got hers this morning. Nothing noticable, but its nice to know that they are getting us ready. Think the main thing in this ota is prep for flash (geting it on the 18th), wich is great simply because of all the ipad users that were ranting that we probly would never see flash on xoom, or even that itwouldbemonths of waiting.

Sent from my Xoom using DroidForums App

frank_datank

Reaction score
Got mine this morning too. Looking fwd to the Flash roll out 3/18!

Sent via Xoom

kennyc

Reaction score
Yup got my first one last night, and my wife got hers this morning. Nothing noticable, but its nice to know that they are getting us ready. Think the main thing in this ota is prep for flash (geting it on the 18th), wich is great simply because of all the ipad users that were ranting that we probly would never see flash on xoom, or even that itwouldbemonths of waiting.

Sent from my Xoom using DroidForums App

dancedroid