Insured or risk taker what's your angle?

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I forget what vzw charges for a deductible. I have to have the coverage while my note is on the edge plan. Looking guard to canceling it if I sell the Note when my nexus 6p arrives.

I was thinking I wouldn't worry about insurance on the 6p since I haven't had to make a claim on a phone, ever, but seeing how reasonable square trade is, I may pick that plan up myself.
You not going to pay the $69 with google?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
It's always been 100 bucks for most devices. I thInk they charge a bit extra if you're replacing an iPhone.

S5 tap'n
I thought so..but I've never had to use my insurance.. Lol

obxsalvo

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Mine are covered under a couple of different warranties. My credit card that I purchased them with and my homeowner's insurance covers them as well.
My homeowner's "State Farm" has told me they do not cover Cell Phones or my wife's ipad air ... I do have the Ins. through Verizon.

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
Go Figure talking about this that my son took his Turbo out of the Case I gave him and Accidentally Dropped it and Cracked the Screen. Going to take it to Verizon and see what I can get done. Done care if they can give me a different color. I love the phone and want to avoid the $150 Deductible

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Go Figure talking about this that my son took his Turbo out of the Case I gave him and Accidentally Dropped it and Cracked the Screen. Going to take it to Verizon and see what I can get done. Done care if they can give me a different color. I love the phone and want to avoid the $150 Deductible
Ugh... sorry to hear about your device, bummer!
Just an fyi: you don't even have to go to Verizon, you can do it all online via the Asurion website. Mobile Protection Insurance - Technology Warranty Support | Asurion They'll send out your replacement the next day and an envelope to return your damaged device. Easy peasy. (Unless of course they are still honoring the free replacement screen deal) Good luck!

S5 tap'n

jplemt

Reaction score
I have insurance, wife's was dropped after 2 claims this year with Verizon. She slammed the car door and bent her S5, and left her S6 edge on the top of her car and drove away. The phone got ran over several times on a highway, but still worked, just had a mess of a front screen. The back glass wasn't broken though. Her deductible for the S6 edge was 199.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

1coopgt

Reaction score

You get 1 free Screen replacement through Verizon . Take it in and get the phone replaced . If they give you a hard time look on there website under the Turbo . You don't need to use your insurance .

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
You get 1 free Screen replacement through Verizon . Take it in and get the phone replaced . If they give you a hard time look on there website under the Turbo . You don't need to use your insurance .
I understand that the Droid Turbo has Droid Turbo Screen Assurance but I have the Best Buy Blue Edition. I will still go to Verizon tomorrow just to see what happens and either way I will report my outcome.

Reactions: cr6

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Man..I'm so glad I'm really careful with my phones...I'm not bragging...just glad...but I notice in my old age..I'm starting to forget about putting it back in my pocket at work..(I'm used to one device, and I have 2 at work) ...gets annoying..

1coopgt

Reaction score
I understand that the Droid Turbo has Droid Turbo Screen Assurance but I have the Best Buy Blue Edition. I will still go to Verizon tomorrow just to see what happens and either way I will report my outcome.

Ahh I didn't notice you had the BB Blue edition . Saw some where Verizon wasn't supporting the Screen Assurance program on them.

R

RETG

My Wells Fargo platinum Visa give me up to $600.00 replacement; twice in a year, for a smart phone, provided I pay my cell phone bill automatically (auto pay) with the Visa card.
Few years back, my Droid Razr Maxx fell when up on the roof, did not get damaged from the fall, but the sudden stop on the concrete destroyed the glass and digitizer.:p
Replaced it with a Droid Maxx and insurance sent me a check for $599.00 which was the cost of a new phone, minus sales tax.

nalgon

Reaction score
My Wells Fargo platinum Visa give me up to $600.00 replacement; twice in a year, for a smart phone, provided I pay my cell phone bill automatically (auto pay) with the Visa card.
Few years back, my Droid Razr Maxx fell when up on the roof, did not get damaged from the fall, but the sudden stop on the concrete destroyed the glass and digitizer.
Replaced it with a Droid Maxx and insurance sent me a check for $599.00 which was the cost of a new phone, minus sales tax.
Thats awesome! So they will send you a check for $600 if you lose your phone?

OP
hegemonyworld

hegemonyworld

Reaction score
The credit card coverage is very interesting, I'd open an account just for that honestly.

And hammer let me know how the screen replacement goes. Maybe you will have some luck getting the one time replacement . Some very..... verbal experiences on forums right now from those who dealt with it. Worst case ignorance may be bliss

nalgon

Reaction score
Im going to open one too. I already have auto pay with my BofA card.