Insurance question-- Asurion

tooblue

Reaction score
Hey guys, I was just wondering about the insurance I have, since I need to file a claim what option will I have as far as my new phone goes?
I've heard the D1 is no longer an option and I don't want a sub-standard phone..
any tips before I call?

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Be polite...... They will let you know what options you have. Then you need to decide on how you want to proceed.

Above all Be Polite and Calm....

OP
T

tooblue

Reaction score
Does anyone know what they will give me in place of my D1 though?
I heard I might get stuck with the Eris :(
Verizon has offered me an early upgrade to the droid X
but I'd rather take advantage of my insurance since I do have a cracked screen..
That is if I can get a phone that is as good as mine or better...

jesdroid

Reaction score
When I lost my droid, I put a claim through the website and I received another droid, even though I had read that they were no longer available. I'm sure it's a refurbished model but have not had any issues with it at all.

gmorgan056

Reaction score
Usually they won't give a phone better then the one you already have, so don't expect a D2 or an X.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
If they do offer you an Eris or some other unacceptable device - do as Bn'B stated and calmly ask to speak to a supervisor and explain the situation to them as nicely as possible - your chances of receiving a Droid Incredible will increase ten fold

sushisanjuan

Reaction score
I had to claim my phone a few months back they didn't have the phone in stock but they gave me the option of a Eris or the ally, I chose to wait and within a few days they had a "Like New" D1. It was perfect there was no sigh that is was refurbished.

BLACKlando

Reaction score
From what I've read the options were either the Ally or the Devour. Then again I read that a few months ago and they may have gotten D1's in stock. I agree with above with above in being calm. Simply explain that you pay insurace month after month and you dont think you should get a refurished device. Ask if there is anyway to get into a better, new, device. dancedroid

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Just depends on what's in stock when you make your claim. It's a bit pointless to ask unless someone who has just done this can chime in.

Bullitt6996

Reaction score
One thing to remember here is that you will need to address this as if you were speaking to Verizon. The first folks you talk to will tell you what they are both trained and authorized to tell you. As said in Post 2, be polite, you will get a lot farther with the issue, and remember that the D1 may be considered "outdated" but it's way up the chain from an Eris or Ally. If you really can't get it resolved with a supervisor, call Verizon and speak with one of their supervisors.. You may actually end up with something better if you present your case well. Good luck dude.

gavinsnana

Reaction score
I fell today while I had my Droid 1 in my hand. It fell face down and the screen cracked all over. I immediatly called Asurion to get a replacement. The rep said that they had no original droids but I could have a NEW Droid 2 or a NEW Stars Wars Droid 2. I verified a couple of times that it was new and it was the Droid 2 and the answer was always yes. My new Droid 2 is on its way and I will have it tomorrow. I was pretty upset at first when my screen was cracked becasue I had read here on the forum that they were giving lesser phones. That was not my case. I am thankful

I will miss my original Droid.

ScuzMeIdroided

Reaction score
be nice...

I agree, if you are nice on the phone you will get much further. You can also ask to talk to advanced customer care and explain your situation further and you may get better options.

Does anyone know if Asurion checks the ESN of the phone you send back to them? I would like to use the claimed phone for parts...and it is dead anyway...