Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
So I dropped mine yesterday and shattered the screen... Has anyone heard what/how asurion is handling insurance claims? I know I won't get a Note 7 but what will they move me to or will they make me get something else from Verizon...?

Samsung Note 7.5

cerisecons

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 22 Ultra
So I dropped mine yesterday and shattered the screen... Has anyone heard what/how asurion is handling insurance claims? I know I won't get a Note 7 but what will they move me to or will they make me get something else from Verizon...?

Samsung Note 7.5
They will laugh and send you an Apple exploding phone in its place

PS, sorry to hear you broke it... That suks.

Sent by my new S7-Edge

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
As @cerisecons said, they will remind you that the phone was recalled and will not have any on site. So you will likely get a Note 5 in its place.

cerisecons

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 22 Ultra
As @cerisecons said, they will remind you that the phone was recalled and will not have any on site. So you will likely get a Note 5 in its place.
If that's true, I should have dropped my Note 7 when I still had it... ;)

Sent by my new S7-Edge

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
If that's true, I should have dropped my Note 7 when I still had it... ;)

Sent by my new S7-Edge

Eh, I ditched my Note 5 for the nexus 6p and havent looked back.

KeepInitReel

Reaction score

Samsung Note 7.5

It would be foolish to file an insurance claim and pay a deductible for a recalled phone. Simply turn the phone in and pick whatever phone you want.

thc1967

Reaction score
They'll take the phone back regardless its condition. Take advantage of the recall now that you've killed it.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Bummer Miller! I've been trying to find D a TGP for hers but the ones that are out there either don't fit well with a case, or they don't cover the edge part at all, making it look quite tacky. I purchased what I thought was a TGP for my S7 Edge, only to have it arrive yesterday and be a plain Jane screen protector. The search continues for one for both our Edge devices.
Let us know how you make out. All you can do is ask and see what they say. They may deny the claim altogether being that the device was "technically" recalled. Look forward to hearing what happens. I'm inclined to agree with the others, just replace it with another device and send it in as a recall.
I know D has been handling hers with kid gloves.
Good luck brutha!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

OP
Miller6386

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
Bummer Miller! I've been trying to find D a TGP for hers but the ones that are out there either don't fit well with a case, or they don't cover the edge part at all, making it look quite tacky. I purchased what I thought was a TGP for my S7 Edge, only to have it arrive yesterday and be a plain Jane screen protector. The search continues for one for both our Edge devices.
Let us know how you make out. All you can do is ask and see what they say. They may deny the claim altogether being that the device was "technically" recalled. Look forward to hearing what happens. I'm inclined to agree with the others, just replace it with another device and send it in as a recall.
I know D has been handling hers with kid gloves.
Good luck brutha!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
It's such a phenomenal device! I hate to get rid of it and still won't even with the crack unless something drastic happens.

Samsung Note 7.5

droidprincess

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Iphone 7 Plus
Twitter
droidprincesstx
You may want to say your goodbyes and move on to another phone... I read several rumors yesterday that Samsung and Carriers are getting ready to deactivate or blacklist Note 7's.
Like I said it's a rumor right now... but could be worth researching and keeping your eyes open for...

Sent from my Sexy IPhone 7+

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
8f9b4cf6c3ad804ec56ca23afc04bee2.png

Just to confirm that's what Samsung posted today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk