Installing Liberty 1.5 - Few questions first...

OP
EvanTheGamer

EvanTheGamer

Reaction score
haha glad you figured it out without messing anything up!

lol...oh no, never. I wasn't planning on proceeding until I found the answer..that way I don't screw anything up!

Backing up everything now...and ran into an issue, sort of.

It backed up all system data, and all app data, also .android_secure and cache it appears.

But this popped up: No sd-ext found. Skipping backup of sd-ext. Is this bad or does it matter?

Now it's Generating md5 sum...Backup complete!

Last edited:

brenneisec

Reaction score
haha glad you figured it out without messing anything up!

lol...oh no, never. I wasn't planning on proceeding until I found the answer..that way I don't screw anything up!

Backing up everything now...and ran into an issue, sort of.

It backed up all system data, and all app data, also .android_secure and cache it appears.

But this popped up: No sd-ext found. Skipping backup of sd-ext. Is this bad or does it matter?

Now it's Generating md5 sum...Backup complete!

the sd-ext is fine. that just means you dont have a partition on your sd card. nothing to worry about there

OP
EvanTheGamer

EvanTheGamer

Reaction score
the sd-ext is fine. that just means you dont have a partition on your sd card. nothing to worry about there

Ahh, great!

OH, one other thing, should I "wipe cache partition" first, before I choose the "wipe data/factory reset" option?

Thanks brenneisec!

brenneisec

Reaction score

Ahh, great!

OH, one other thing, should I "wipe cache partition" first, before I choose the "wipe data/factory reset" option?

Thanks brenneisec!

i personally do. ive never heard anything about it making a difference tho.
anytime man

Scallywag1

Reaction score
Yea wipe dalvik cache, partition and factory wipe

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
EvanTheGamer

EvanTheGamer

Reaction score

I see the "wipe dalvik cache" option under "Advanced", but shouldn't I just choose the "wipe cache partition" option in the Main Menu? Or do both?

Just making sure I do everything right the first time so there's no issues later..:)

brenneisec

Reaction score

I see the dalvik cache under "Advanced", but shouldn't I just choose the "wipe cache partition" option in the Main Menu? Or do both?

ive always used the wipe data and wipe cache options from the main menu. i could be wrong tho..

brenneisec

Reaction score
Why not do both?

from what ive read dalvik cache is your system app cache. so basically with liberty you wouldnt need to since you have new system apps but from now on i am and i would suggest that you clear both caches just in case. it wont hurt anything

OP
EvanTheGamer

EvanTheGamer

Reaction score
from what ive read dalvik cache is your system app cache. so basically with liberty you wouldnt need to since you have new system apps but from now on i am and i would suggest that you clear both caches just in case. it wont hurt anything

Yep, absolutely!

One final question before I take the plunge into rom madness, how long does it usually take to install Liberty? I'm not sure how much battery I have left, but I think I have more than 50%. Or I could reboot, see how much I have left, then start again.

These are exciting times! Yeah!

brenneisec

Reaction score

Yep, absolutely!

One final question before I take the plunge into rom madness, how long does it usually take to install Liberty? I'm not sure how much battery I have left, but I think I have more than 50%. Or I could reboot, see how much I have left, then start again.

These are exciting times! Yeah!

mine took less than a minute to install

cjriddle22

Reaction score
mine took less than a minute to install

Wow...that fast, eh? Alright, sweet!

Well, I'll let ya all know how it all turns out in a bit.

Yeah, it doesn't take that long to install. It can take a few minutes for the initial boot up though. I have been stuck at the Liberty eagle before for what seemed like 10 minutes. Just give it time.