Installing Liberty 1.5 - Few questions first...

EvanTheGamer

Reaction score
Hello all,

I'm entirely new to the whole rom/theme scene. I've been wanting to install a rom on my Droid X for awhile now, but nothing really stuck out to me, that's until I seen Liberty ROM.

Anyways, before I install the rom, I have a few questions first:

• 1. Once I go through the data wipe/factory reset process, install Liberty ROM, restart, and do a restore, all my apps will be re-downloaded/re-installed? Also, is there a way to specifically select each app I want to install, rather than restore all apps at once?
  • 2. Are all my current apps compatible with Liberty ROM, or does it matter, as long as I have Android 2.2, and that the apps are compatible with that update?
  • 3. I'm using LauncherPro currently, but besides the customized homescreens/widgets not returning, after doing a full restore, everything goes back to the way it was before, but with Liberty ROM installed?

I think that's it for now. I'll update this thread if I can think of any other questions.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! :)

Thank you!

Last edited:

brenneisec

Reaction score
Hello all,

I'm entirely new to the whole rom/theme scene. I've been wanting to install a rom on my Droid X for awhile now, but nothing really stuck out to me, that's until I seen Liberty ROM.

Anyways, before I install the rom, I have a few questions first:

• 1. Once I go through the data wipe/factory reset process, install Liberty ROM, restart, and do a restore, all my apps will be re-downloaded/re-installed? Also, is there a way to specifically select each app I want to install, rather than restore all apps at once?
  • 2. Are all my current apps compatible with Liberty ROM, or does it matter, as long as I have Android 2.2, and that the apps are compatible with that update?
  • 3. I'm using LauncherPro currently, but besides the customized homescreens/widgets not returning, after doing a full restore, everything goes back to the way it was before, but with Liberty ROM installed?

I think that's it for now. I'll update this thread if I can think of any other questions.

Would greatly appreciate any help! :)

Thank you!

1. All of your apps will sync from your google account. My advice is to go on wifi as soon as you can and this will be extremely fast.

2. All of your apps will work just like they should.

3. Once you factory reset, your phone does just that, goes back to the factory state. Meaning no apps, no contacts, no widgets. The contacts and apps will be restored from your google account. You will have to recreate your home screens.

hope this helps,
camdroid

OP
EvanTheGamer

EvanTheGamer

Reaction score
On #3...when I back up everything using Titanium Backup, after the ROM has been installed, wouldn't I use TB to restore everything?

Thanks for the help!

brenneisec

Reaction score
On #3...when I back up everything using Titanium Backup, after the ROM has been installed, wouldn't I use TB to restore everything?

Thanks for the help!

what exactly are you trying to back up? cuz google will take care of your contacts and apps

OP
EvanTheGamer

EvanTheGamer

Reaction score
what exactly are you trying to back up? cuz google will take care of your contacts and apps

Well...basically all system data, bookmarks, app data, etc. Even game save data, just everything. Sorry, kinda vague, but can't really explain any better than that.

Besides using Google to re-download/re-install all my apps, wouldn't I still use Titanium Backup or otherwise to restore everything else?

brenneisec

Reaction score

Well...basically all system data, bookmarks, app data, etc. Even game save data, just everything. Sorry, kinda vague, but can't really explain any better than that.

Besides using Google to re-download/re-install all my apps, wouldn't I still use Titanium Backup or otherwise to restore everything else?

from what i understand, you can just restore anything youve backed up from TiBo after you flash liberty

xliderider

Reaction score
Restoring all Data from your previous rom with Titanium Backup is asking for trouble. You can restore all apps and app data, but as far as System Data, just restore stuff like bookmarks and BT settings and that's about it.

brenneisec

Reaction score
Restoring all Data from your previous rom with Titanium Backup is asking for trouble. You can restore all apps and app data, but as far as System Data, just restore stuff like bookmarks and BT settings and that's about it.

i stand corrected

brenneisec

Reaction score
Ahh, okay, sweet!

So once I install the ROM, there will be an option to flash it, right?

just follow the exact directions step by step from the OP of the liberty 1.5 thread and you shouldnt have any problems.

if you have any questions about it you can ask here or the other ways to contact me

OP
EvanTheGamer

EvanTheGamer

Reaction score
just follow the exact directions step by step from the OP of the liberty 1.5 thread and you shouldnt have any problems.

if you have any questions about it you can ask here or the other ways to contact me

Okay, definitely. Will follow all the instructions and hopefully it'll turn out fine. And yep, will ask questions if I come across any issues.

Thanks to the both of you! :)

brenneisec

Reaction score

Okay, definitely. Will follow all the instructions and hopefully it'll turn out fine. And yep, will ask questions if I come across any issues.

Thanks to the both of you! :)

anytime man. questions never hurt! thats how ive learned and am still learning!