Installing GimpSource 3.1

EvanJO

Reaction score
I've decided to root my droid and install a rom, settling upon GimpSource because it seems like it's catered to speed and efficiency.

Anyways, I downloaded ROM Manager after rooting my phone and I can't figure out how to install it. I copied the downloaded boot.img file and system/meta-inf folders onto my phone but I have no idea what file I'm looking for to start the install.

OP
E

EvanJO

Reaction score
Nevermind! Figured it out.

Now how do I install a theme? Just flash it again with GimpSource installed?

cush2push

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I've decided to root my droid and install a rom, settling upon GimpSource because it seems like it's catered to speed and efficiency.

Anyways, I downloaded ROM Manager after rooting my phone and I can't figure out how to install it. I copied the downloaded boot.img file and system/meta-inf folders onto my phone but I have no idea what file I'm looking for to start the install.

did you take the zip file apart?
remove the copied files from your phone
and redownload the rom you want to run leave the zip alone move the zip to the root of your sd card go into rom manager hit install from sd card select zip and youre done
also wipe data

OP
E

EvanJO

Reaction score
Hm. Okay. I did all that and it just gives me some looping error about waiting for SD card to mount, and then boots into the recovery console.

OP
E

EvanJO

Reaction score
Wait, again! Victory. Probably should be sleeping instead of messing with my phone at 6:30am but oh well.

Now, about themes...

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Same thing. Download the theme you want meant for gimpsource and flash with clockwork, with no wipe.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

davros

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com

did you take the zip file apart?
remove the copied files from your phone
and redownload the rom you want to run leave the zip alone move the zip to the root of your sd card go into rom manager hit install from sd card select zip and youre done
also wipe data

few reading that confused me.... ya leave the files zipped then flash like a rom