Some questions

chewychewbacca

Reaction score
Hey guys, was running a GB rom for about 2 months despite random reboots every so often. I couldn't stand it any longer and decided to go back to a froyo rom. I am loving this Gimpsource 3.1 with a CorCor kernel and a Honeycombed theme. This is the most stable and fast my droid has been yet.

However, when I went to restore my apps from Titanium, for some reason I lost my angry birds levels and it would not even let me run the restored version. It really doesn't matter but the thing is, none of my restored apps show up in the marketplace so I cannot update them. Should I write them down, and install them from the marketplace instead or is there another work around?

That is really the only issue I've ran across when going to this rom from a GB rom. Did you guys experience this? How would you guys suggest I fix this?

Oh and what is the difference between GimpROM and Gimpsource? I saw that gimpRom is on a newer android version but I wanted to use the Honeycombed theme.

This is the snappiest rom yet and with the CorCor 1000 kernel and SmartMoD on, it's been so fast and reliable. Best kernel match I've had on my droid.

Last edited:

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
From GB back to Froyo, from what I understand the data will not restore properly. I think its something TiBu is working on.

Btw, I hope you meant GimpSource 3.1 not 2.1.

The difference between GimpMod and GimpSource is Mod is a "mod" of ota from Verizon. Source is AOSP built.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
C

chewychewbacca

Reaction score
Edited. Yep that's what I meant. Tired, having a blast staying up too late customizing my phone up. Having lots of fun with this rom. Thanks for the info.

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ok good! Glad to help. Let us know if we can help.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Crazy man!

Thats right, davros is my necromancer.

Last edited: