Installing apps w/ the USB

poooookah78

Reaction score
Ok, so I LOOOOVE Mabilo ringtone app but it's off the market now. So, I found the APK on the net and I wanna put it back on my phone after my latest ROM flash (BB 1.1).

I mounted the phone and dragged and dropped the file into the root but I can't see it in my computer (removable drive). In fact, the very same directories look completely different in my computer versus the way Astro File manager has them look. Basically, how do I download the APK to be able to use it as an actual app in my phone? Does it simply drop in? Does it get extracted and installed?

HELP!!!

THANK YOU!!!!

Raziel36

Reaction score
Easiest way would be to download it from you phone's browser and just click on it in the 'Downloads' section of the browser. Or, instead of putting it on the root of the SD card, drag and drop it into the Download folder and use Astro to find and install it.. though, root should work, and I don't know why it isn't lol.. so I'd try downloading directly from the phone's browser ;)

phatkat66

Reaction score
the way astro sees your files vs your computer is only a matter of settings. You need to "sort" your files put them in alphabetical or something, astro shows you every file in that folder including thumbnail icons the computer only shows you the file. But its IN your folder.

Also if you don't find the file while browsing in astro just use the search function in astro and find the file then install the apk.

OP
P

poooookah78

Reaction score
I realize my error now. Being stupid I was trying to see the files versus what was on the SD card at the same time the USB was plugged in and mounted. OBV You have to unmount the phone in order to see the files correctly in astro. I did that, saw the file, pressed it, installed it and blam... got mabilo working again.

Thanks again guys!