Installing .apk files.....

bobcam1

Reaction score
When I want to install the .apk files that I have downloaded onto my PC, how do I do it?

I am told that I can mount my Droid X, once it's connected to the PC, and then drag/drop the files, but I can't seem to find the directory that apps would reside in.

Is there a simple, accepted method of installing apps from the computer, rather than downloading them to the Droid, itself?

Thanks,
Bob.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Just drop them on the SD of the Droid and then use the Droid's file browser to install them.

tappin and a talkin

OP
B

bobcam1

Reaction score
Thanks very much!....Worked just fine!

One more question.....I have two "NFL Mobile" icons on my screen...When I drag and drop one of them into the Trash Bin, it reappears on the screen. Does this mean that there are TWO instances of this app installed on my Droid, and is there an uninstall program that will delete it?

I'm TRULY grateful for the help, thanks!

Cheers,
Bob.

(EDIT: I just discovered that dragging icons to the Trash Bin, no longer deletes them....)

OP
B

bobcam1

Reaction score
I did, in fact, try that, with no success.....I have since found that I can uninstall the apps by going to Settings/Applications/ and uninstalling from there. The screen icons still remain when dragged to the Trash Bin, however.

CD95YJ

Reaction score
If you install an apk file it is on the phone, just dragging to the on screen trash bin removes it from that screen only. You have to delete the file from the manage applications menu to remove it from your phone.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App