Installing 0.8.4 error

dr2ww62

Reaction score
I am stuck. I've tried to figure out whats going on but I am resorting to asking for help for lack of any other options. Any help is greatly appreciated.

I've been swapping ROMs all day, trying out insanely clean, CM6RC1, and now Sapphire 0.8.4. I haven't encountered any issues until 0.8.4. For the record, I always do a full wipe, several times before flashing a new ROM. When I try installing the Sapphire ROM I get this error:

Welcome to Sapphire-0.8.4-Droid!
assert failed: !less_than_int(1277333407, getprop("ro.build.date.utc"))
E:Error in /sdcard/1rom/sapphire-0.8.4-update.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted

I can install Sapphire v.0.7.0 as well as any other ROM I want, but I can't install 0.8.4. I can restore my backup and everything works just fine. I made sure to disable setcpu's on-boot features so that wouldn't be skrewing with anything either. I've also tried flashing a different version of clockwork as well as a different kernel. That all worked fine, but it still wouldn't let me install 0.8.4. I'm not sure what I am missing but I would appreciate any help. I tried to do research on what this error means but I couldn't find much help, most people getting this error were trying to unroot their phone for some ridiculous reason :p

OK well I'll keep messing with it but if anyone has any ideas let me know. Thanks!

OP
D

dr2ww62

Reaction score
I've also tried running the permissions fix just in case it was something related to that. Didn't help.

nerdbox08

Reaction score
Downloaded it from where?

Did you get it from the website or ROM Manager?

Maybe try the other available download

winner00

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
You can't use CWM 2.0.2.0. You have to use 2.0.1.3 or sooner. I had the same problem.

OP
D

dr2ww62

Reaction score
Downloaded from the main link on the website first, tried the first mirror, then tried ROM Manager.

Just tried SP Recovery and it worked. I will try the version of clockwork you mentioned and update on status just for curiosity sake.

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
Some folks have reported success with CW 2.0.1.3. Others, like myself, unfortunately had to use SP Recovery.

OP
D

dr2ww62

Reaction score
Yay 2.0.1.3. worked!

Is it just me, or is it impossible to find a changelog on CW?

Se7enLC

Reaction score
Yay 2.0.1.3. worked!

It's not just you. I've been looking for weeks and even posted on the useless clockworkrecovery mod website forum (it's just all spam)

OP
D

dr2ww62

Reaction score
Yay 2.0.1.3. worked!

It's not just you. I've been looking for weeks and even posted on the useless clockworkrecovery mod website forum (it's just all spam)

Not to turn this into another CW v. SPR debate... but yeah. I don't get CW. Great tool and I love being able to install multiple updates without renaming in a single reboot... but I have not clue what they are doing on the backend considering they have a new version every week or so and SPR hasn't changed in months and it still works (far as I can tell) 100% of the time.

I am guessing they are updating features (which is why I prefer it over SPR) but when I dig around in the menus I guess I don't even know what most of the stuff going on in there is all about. And I can't find anything anywhere with explanations of what they do or what new features have been added or how to use them or more importantly what not to do to skrew up your phone....

ohwells! Trial and error I guess!

Thanks everyone for your help! Loving it now that I'm back on Sapphire and running the new hottness!

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Some folks have reported success with CW 2.0.1.3. Others, like myself, unfortunately had to use SP Recovery.

Why do you say unfortunately? Sprecovery is a great thing. I can't recall ever seeing a thread where it jacked someone's droid unlike the multiple threads saying "HELP OMFG MY DROID IS BRICKED!!!!" which usually end up being rom manager problems and not the rom.

I find it really sad that more ppl don't support the dev that created sprecovery .... if it weren't for him...we'd all be jacked.

That's my opinion.

wingdo

Reaction score

Why do you say unfortunately? Sprecovery is a great thing. I can't recall ever seeing a thread where it jacked someone's droid unlike the multiple threads saying "HELP OMFG MY DROID IS BRICKED!!!!" which usually end up being rom manager problems and not the rom.

I find it really sad that more ppl don't support the dev that created sprecovery .... if it weren't for him...we'd all be jacked.

That's my opinion.

Here here. SPR just works. Full error checking, forces use of signed zips, I've never once had a bad install from SPR. If the zip has an issue SPR just won't even attempt the install.

Se7enLC

Reaction score
Yay 2.0.1.3. worked!
Worked perfectly fine for me, too. I was even able to apply the rom and gapps package at the same time using rom manager. Didn't need to wipe data coming from 0.7.0, it came up just fine. Then applied the black statusbar theme, also worked fine. Then I used the sweet new GEM Settings app to remove the clock (and rebooted), and it worked perfectly, too.

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score

That's my opinion.

Here here. SPR just works. Full error checking, forces use of signed zips, I've never once had a bad install from SPR. If the zip has an issue SPR just won't even attempt the install.

EXACTLY!! Damn I hate seeing ppl diss a great thing. I'm sure the dev would thank you very much for the support.

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score

That's my opinion.

EXACTLY!! Damn I hate seeing ppl diss a great thing. I'm sure the dev would thank you very much for the support.

And it seems like they are getting back into the swing of things, and are saying that after their 2.2 ROM is released in the next week or two, they are planning on working on SPR again.

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score

And it seems like they are getting back into the swing of things, and are saying that after their 2.2 ROM is released in the next week or two, they are planning on working on SPR again.

Great to hear :D although I can't see how they'd need to improve on it!

@ the OP...I'm glad you got it all worked out.