Sapphire 0.8.4 cannot be installed

netron

Reaction score
Using ClockwordMod Recovery to flash sapphire-0.8.4-update.zip, but always failed, error code 7

Any help?

kook

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Flash back to an older version of clockwork. I believe it's 2.0.1.3

OP
N

netron

Reaction score
Thanks! I'll try, but where to find it?

And does this Sapphire contain other Languages, such as Chinese?

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Just flash SP Recovery from ROM manager and use that. That is what Sapphire asks for I believe. As for languages, i have no idea?

maybbmay

Reaction score
I'm going to assume you're using ROM Manager. Flash Clockwork Recovery to the latest, once done...scroll down to the bottom of ROM Manager and you will see "All ClockworkMod Recoveries" - Select this option and flash 2.0.1.3 or earlier. This option I belive is only available if you own the "PRO" version.

The version of Sapphire currently being developed is likely going to support the newest version of Clockwork Recovery, so hopefully soon this will no longer be an issue.

Hope this helps.

Also you might find this thread helpful: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/cvpcs/61504-sapphire-0-8-4-install-information.html

Also this forum:
cvpcs - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

The Sapphire wiki located here:
http://sapphire.cvpcs.org/

dmacleo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
moved to correct forum for better support.

JBlazeRSP

Reaction score
i had this problem recently. i ended up flashing bugless beast as it was on a friends phone and i didn't have time to troubleshoot.

i will be calling him back and getting him on sapphire. i love this rom!

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
You have to flash CW 2.0.1.3 or older to load Sapphire. However, there is one little issue with RM/CW and that is one flash does not take. I had to flash the older CW about 4 times (consecutively) to get it to take. The way you can tell if the flash took is once you boot into recovery it will state what CW Mod version is running. If you are still on the newer CW, reboot and try again. Otherwise you will continue to get fails when flashing Sapphire.

Cloppy

Reaction score
while there is no support for it 0.9.5 works fine with the latest clockwork recovery.

OP
N

netron

Reaction score
Thanks a lot! I just used the SPRecovery, and it works.

The sapphire ROM is really clean, hehe, and it also contains Chinese(this is not used for menu display, but for the contacts quick search, it's quite useful!)