Insane battery drain?!

pdlfstr

Reaction score
It seems like since Verizon came out with their latest update my battery drains SO much more rapidly. I do have a spare that used to be just for emergencies but now I have to switch it out every day regardless of the amount of time actually using the phone. Any one else experiencing this or is it one of my apps, or possibly my phone, gone wild?!

arrndroid

Reaction score
I too experienced bad battery drain on I535VRLHE. Now that I am running a custom ROM, kernel, and disabled/uninstalled EVERYTHING I don't need my battery is great!

I would definitely install GSAM battery monitor and CPU spy to make sure you don't have any apps drawing down your battery and that your phone is going into deep sleep when the screen is off.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Droid Forums

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Question - Go to settings - Battery - And what are the top two processes listed?

srgio123

Reaction score
Use A Larger Battery

Well you could purchase a battery with a higher power rating from amazon, I bought a 4000/mah battery that comes with a wider back cover for like $16 from amazon, I now easily get 2 day's usage without needing to charge my phone.

MailboxHead

Reaction score
Check out the "Battery life??" thread on the second page - a lot of people (myself included) are having this problem. Seems that rooting or big fat batteries are the only solution for the unlucky few. I can't remember what causes it off the top of my head, but people smarter than me figure it out in that thread and explain it better than I can. I started out with awesome battery life too :(

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
^^Not true. OP, please see above post.

OP
P

pdlfstr

Reaction score
Hopefully this worked...not much experience with attachments in forums.

Thanks for the suggestions! I do have a live wallpaper that never caused problems until the free trial (?) expired...

ForumRunner_20121106_154243.png

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Hm, would need to see it when it's closer to 60ish% to have a good idea.

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
I started having this problem suddenly. GSAM said all the batery usage was in the kernel. For some reason turning off GPS fixed the problem. I'm guessing a rogue app was continually using it to try to find a position even when I was indoors.

alboboy10

Reaction score
Get gsam battery monitor. Post a screen shot off the app when you first open it and also under app usage