Random battery drain

tadow213m

Reaction score
I just bought a SGS3 on Verizon for my wife and for the first 3 weeks everything was fine but about 4 days ago we took the phone off charge in the morning and it was at 100%, within 2 hours the battery was at 21% with little to no use. I called the battery and reset the phone and fully charged it again and it was good for the remainder of the day. The following morning the same exact drain happened , phone got extremely hot as well. I called Verizon and they sent me a new battery and the problem actually went away for about 2 days. I got the new battery and charged it over night and the following day had the same exact problem. At this point the battery drains are completely random and I have tried all the recommendations online like turning off GPS and Bluetooth and brightness . Also , since this problem didn't start until about 3 weeks after my purchase Verizon will not replace my phone with a new one, apparently we should know within 14 days if our phones are defective. Any ideas ?

Roget83

Reaction score
Do you have the phone set to automatically sync at night. Just a thought but it may be having trouble connecting and tries all night.

OP
T

tadow213m

Reaction score
No I've already turned all the auto sync off, we only have her gmail syncing every 30 min.

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
What does it say under Settings -> Battery? It should tell you what is using the most battery life.

OP
T

tadow213m

Reaction score
Mostly shows cell stand by and then screen which I have the brightness turned to half power and then android system. I've already downloaded a stat app to monitor this , nothing out of the norm.

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Well it's definitely the S3. Certain models seem to not get along so well with the battery. I had this same problem. Setting changes helped, but the only thing that fixed it is a replacement. I'd say keep talking to Verizon and telling them their product is screwing up, they should understand eventually.