Infuse Desktop Cradle

HankB

Reaction score
I'm interested also. In particular I'm curious if the S3 knows when it is inserted into a dock and if this dock supports that feature. (Coming from a Droid X/Droid RAZR MAXX and both recognize the Moto docks.) I suppose since this is a Samsung dock it should provide full support. I also like the way it works either in portrait of landscape.

Edit: Description on Amazon page states: "Docking automatically puts handset in customizable desktop mode" :)

Edit-2: From an Amazon customer review: "The seller specified in the title that it "charges Galaxy S3" which is true! But!!! It can also damage your USB port because the dock slide is narrow, and the SIII will not slide into it. It will sit unsecured on the dock, and if you move the dock the phone is barely held by the USB port or just fall off in most cases. The horizontal functionality of the Dock is therefore lost." This dock is off my list. Too bad - looks cool
!

Last edited:

rlarson_mn

Reaction score
I have a Droid X car dock which I removed the dock insert as well as the charging electrical cable so it fit my Razr Maxx. Since selling my Razr Maxx and getting my Galaxy S3 I have tried my old adapted Drod X car dock with my Galaxy S3 and it works just great. The bottom is exposed so the car charger cable works also.

OP
S

shmuly

Reaction score
Answering my own question

I'm using the Infuse car dock for my Galaxy S3 and it works perfectly. Has anyone tried using the Infuse desktop dock for the S3?

Amazon.com: Samsung Desktop Dock for Infuse 4G (also charges Galaxy S3): Cell Phones & Accessories

I got the dock and it was a bit too narrow. I was able to squeeze it in but it definitely wasn't something I wanted to do on a regular basis.

I had a friend shave off a bit of the side to make it fit. It now works beautifully. I use it on a nightly basis.

Not bad for $5!