Infinite restarting loop

Phoenixobert

Reaction score
So here is what has happened to me. I got my Eris in late April and have loved it, about 3 weeks ago my battery started dieing quickly. Quickly meaning from 100% to dead in under 30 minutes. I do a few soft resets and full depletes and recharges and it went away. This was right after the 2.1 update.

So I decide to call Verizon and report this, first I ask if it is a battery and if i can get sent a new one. And the Verizon rep says that if I want a new battery I have to buy it myself. And here I am thinking... "What? I had this less than two months, as well as buying the insurance and I have to buy a new battery?" but I ask and the rep says that is what I have to do if I want a new battery. Eventually he says they will send me a new phone which I should switch to and keep my battery and memory card.

A few days go by, I get my new phone and as I am switching over I call a Verizon rep, who when I ask tells me that if I need a replacement battery I will get it free of charge if I still have problems. (Conflicting statements... great...) So I finish switching and reinstall everything, minus a few apps.

So over the weekend I notice my phone's sound not working. I get a call, pick up and cannot hear the other person. My alarms would not go off, and if they did I couldn't hear them. (I checked ALL sound settings and they were all the way up).

Now yesterday when my Mom tried calling me I couldn't hear the phone ring or her when i picked up. I was looking at it when she called. So she texts me instead, and when I get a text. My phone resets. This repeats half a dozen times and I tell her to stop.

So today, my alarms didn't make noise or might not have gone off. But other than that seems fine. I got a few texts throughout the day with no problem and even a few calls. So later in the day I am on the phone talking to a friend, and my phone cuts out and drops the call. Nothing terrible I wasn't in a great building. But when I get outside I notice my phone resetting itself.

And this continues, it resets itself. Loads until I can see my slide down screen. It holds there for a minute and then resets. (Repeat...Repeat...Repeat).

So I pull out my battery for a few minutes, put it back in... It continues. So I let it run down.. Charge... it repeats....

Great..
my second Eris in 3 months with problems.... Great.....

AngelaB

Reaction score
I only had this phone for a month, My phone was doing the samething. I will be calling verizon back