How bad is it?

chris8105

Reaction score
I really want to trade my Storm 2 in and get a Eris. My BB S2 keeps locking up on me and I am getting tired of having to pull the battery out to reset it. Anyways I am wondeing if the update did anything to conserve battery power? I have read that the battery is bad and that is really the only downfall to this phone.I have no problems charging my phone every night, thats no big deal. I work 10 hour shifts and want to know if the battery will last the whole time I am at work with a few calls a night to call the wife, some web surfing, text messages and checking email.

I really like this phone but dont want to get stuck with a dead battery every day. Thanks in advance for any info.

Spectral

Reaction score
The battery will be fine. You just have to know how to best conserve the battery. I have used the phone for 8-10 hours a day with calls, text, GPS with Nav, and some web browsing. In between not using it though I made sure everything on the phone that is extra for battery use was turned off. I have the Moto Droid but the principles are the same for any of the Android phones out there.

steelydan

Reaction score
YEP what spec said... I have the eris and it will hog the battery if you are not conscious of what you have running.

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
Best to have a charger at work and at home as well as the car. Then you should be OK. I look forward to the exteneded batteries when they are available, but don't look forward to the pricetag!

xfeathersx

Reaction score
my battery lasts all day and if I can pry it out of my hands it will go almost a full day without recharging...Just shut off apps you dont need on all the time and you'll be fine..Don't sweat it...

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Wife switched from the Storm to the Eris and loves it....

Charger at Home, Work and Car is the way to go..

Eric

Reaction score
I just turn hardware off (GPS, WiFi, Bluetooth, mobile network) when I'm not using it, and have the screen brightness set at about 25%, and I can go up to 3 days on a charge. Maybe not acceptable to everyone, but it works for me. (At home I turn off my lights, TV, audio equipment, computers, etc. when I'm not using them, too. :wink: )

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I just turn hardware off (GPS, WiFi, Bluetooth, mobile network) when I'm not using it....

Not an option for some that have multiple apps that use those.....

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
It really depends. Some functions will drain the battery faster then others. I can easily make my phone last 10 hours with a moderate usage. Voice calls for me are the biggest drainers. I will be on around for 2-3 hours. I have my screen set at 25% brightness which is WAY more then enough for most occasions... other then direct sunlight. I will usually get 10-15 hours on a charge, lately a tiny bit more.