Indie Developers Outraged as Google Requires a Published Physical Address on Play Store

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
At first I didnt think much about it but the article had me think again.

This is a bad idea....unless there are ways around it ala the post above me and the one saying use Google's address...lol. The post above is probably the best bet. And I had no idea about it until thread.

pritchie1956.pr

Reaction score
Website
plus.google.com
It seems to me that Google could take an example from Amazon. All communication between their customers and third-party sellers goes through Amazon. That way Amazon regulates any possibility of dispute, refund, etc. With that process there would be no need to publish the private addresses of small developers.

Personally, I am sick to death of going beyond feedback to email or snail mail a developer only to hear from them never. I do believe that one should be able to expect return communication within 48 hours. Right now, no one is being held accountable to respond when a user deserves an answer. Here's a good example: I am completely addicted to Strata, a game that won awards last year and has promised upgrades which have not appeared. It is tied in to Google Play Services, so we also get points. I have a perfect score all the way to the end of the game. I just want to know when to expect an update, that's all, nothing mysterious. I'm starting to think it's become abandonware.

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
How can a developer answer emails all day long and continue development of an extremely popular app? I know from experience when you have over 50,000 active installations one person can't answer all the emails they receive every single day (if they only answered mail and did nothing else). Now imagine an application with over 1 million active installations, it could be a few months before a support request is answered.

This isn't exactly directed at you pritchie1956.pr, I'm just trying to shed light on your issue.

To put it in perspective, 60,000 installations equaled 400 emails every day, also about 60 to 100 forum posts a day along with emails for lost keys, refunds, and trial activations.

This was for one BlackBerry app.

Last edited: