incredible went swimming....still works!

kkrbell

Reaction score
I went swimming with my daughter yesterday in our dirty pond of all places. About a half hour into the swim, I realized that my phone was still in my pocket. I was sure it was ruined, but after taking it apart and blowing it with compressed air then leaving it in my gunsafe over night (it has a de-humidifier in it) everything works fine so far with the exception of the sd card having an issue. fingers crossed that it keeps on going...

s-one

Reaction score
Niiiice! Good to hear. Wish you all the best man.

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
wow.. congrats.. i spilled less than 3 oz of DR pepper on a moto droid and it was done for.. :icon_evil:

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The biggest issue is it shorting out.

Next, once you've dried it is the left over residue once the moisture is gone. I imagine a dried out Dr Pepper would be tacky, sticky, icky stuff.

Salt water, dirty pond, etc....you can evaporate the moisture but what's left behind can cause issues down the road.

Soaked in a few days in rubbing alcohol will hopefully break free all the nasty stuff and "push" out all the water, leaving behind material that can evaporate entirely with no left over residue.

Sounds like a close call, here's wishing you continued good luck.

What we need is a water proximity alarm app that shouts out, "hey...I'm here..don't you dare!"

kaboyd

Reaction score
Very cool. I've lost three phones in the Ohio river under the same circumstances... Always makes me feel like an absolute duck