Incredible vs. X

lodestar

Reaction score
I'm on the fence about this, and would like to know the general consensus. I am using an old school Samsung smartphone from back in 2007, and have never had anything else in terms of a smartphone. I was planning on getting the Incredible until I read about the X. I tested the Incredible in store, and its pretty cool. If there is a test model in store, I'll try to check out the X as well. Obviously, each person has different needs that certain phones can meet better than others.

Which phone has (or is expected to have) a stronger multi-media factor (music, video playback, etc.)?

Which is considered smoother, blur or sense?

Which phone has more power in terms of speed, multitasking, etc.?

What do people who own the Incredible dislike about it?

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I'm on the fence about this, and would like to know the general consensus. I am using an old school Samsung smartphone from back in 2007, and have never had anything else in terms of a smartphone. I was planning on getting the Incredible until I read about the X. I tested the Incredible in store, and its pretty cool. If there is a test model in store, I'll try to check out the X as well. Obviously, each person has different needs that certain phones can meet better than others.

Which phone has (or is expected to have) a stronger multi-media factor (music, video playback, etc.)?

With a little research in using google/reading the Incredible forums here and places like androidforums.com or androidcentral.com, you will be able to answer all of your questions and more.

barbee

Reaction score
i have the Inc. and was considering selling it on ebay to get the X

i have since rethought my decision. Unless the X is ground breaking and game changing, ill probably keep my Inc.

The only thing i dont really like about the incredible is the battery life. Its not horrible, but it aint great either.

I would say, if you can wait, wait for the X to come out and see the reviews and make your decision then.

J

Johnly

With a little research in using google/reading the Incredible forums here and places like androidforums.com or androidcentral.com, you will be able to answer all of your questions and more.
nuff said.....

OP
L

lodestar

Reaction score
Thank you, barbee, your opinion on my questions is helpful. As for the other two, I'm actually familiar with google and this website, but thanks for pointing them out, that was very clever. Nuff said? Also very useful and informative, if you're a comic book character. Telling people to look it up on google can actually be used on any post, on any forum website, on any topic, for any question, with the exact same resulting usefulness. If I was satisfied with my google search, I wouldn't be here.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
i'm on the fence about this, and would like to know the general consensus. I am using an old school samsung smartphone from back in 2007, and have never had anything else in terms of a smartphone. I was planning on getting the incredible until i read about the x. I tested the incredible in store, and its pretty cool. If there is a test model in store, i'll try to check out the x as well. Obviously, each person has different needs that certain phones can meet better than others.

The X

which is considered smoother, blur or sense?

Sense. Although its still being debated if the X actually has Blur on it. It may have Blur-ish things, either way its either not Blur or not the Blur from before.

which phone has more power in terms of speed, multitasking, etc.?

The X

what do people who own the incredible dislike about it?

I dont own it so I cant say. I hear battery life mainly, maybe reception. Some of these things are debatable. But the X has the technology for either the same or better battery life than the Droid for a phone its size.
ten characters n stuff

Last edited:

hoax

Reaction score
Unless the X is ground breaking and game changing, ill probably keep my Inc.

The X is not ground breaking or game changing compared to the Incredible. I'd argue it's slightly better but if I already had an Incredible I'd probably stick with it and wait.

wonsae

Reaction score
the x is better than the incredible in every way (cept phone size and blur vs sense that's all preference)

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

msticlaru

Reaction score
i actually own both phones. My wife has the X and i have the incredible. At first i was jealous , but after a few weeks using her phone, i can say that the incredible is a better device. Aside from the screen size there is nothing better with the X. And to be perfectly honest, the larger screen to me is actually less desirable. I want a phone, not a freaking tablet PC in my pocket.

I will try and break down the differences that I have noticed.

The X uses 1 ghz TI CPU and the Incredible uses the Snapdragon. I don't know how or why, but the incredible is NOTICEABLY faster. I don't know if its the snapdragon CPU or the HTC Sense UI, but all animations, scrolling, everything loads faster and smoother on the Incredible. Dont get me wrong, the X is still fast, but if we are going to compare, the incredible is faster.

They both have 8gb internal memory, the X comes with a 16gb microSD and the incredible did not. Not a deal breaker in my opinion, but who knows. I had a 32GB microSD with my old BB storm so i just used that.

Same camera on both phones, pics look the same when copying them to a PC.

Now on to the screen, The X screen IS bigger, like.. alot bigger. Watching videos on it is nice. But when compared to the Incredible Amoled screen, its dark, faded and not as clear. The screen on the incredible is superior as far as I am concerned. The colors pop, the screen surface is smooth, shiny, and has a very high quality feel to it. When you push on the X screen, the TFT becomes apparent. If you push a little too hard on it, it distorts the screen in that area. I dont know if its bad plastic or what, but it shouldn't flex like that. I am not talking a HARD push either. Go to a verizon store and see what i mean, if you push a little harder than normal, it distorts under your finger. The incredible screen is made of glass or something very hard, It feels solid under your finger.

Battery life is about the same, the X has a larger batter capacity, but doesn't seem to last much longer than the incredible. Some days my wife has to charge hers before mine, other days I am the first to go dead. It just depends on usage, and the 2 are almost identical.

Size.. wow the X is big, my incredible fits nicely in my pocket even with a wrap around rubber case, my wife has a similar case, and holy crap, its like shoving a tablet PC into my pocket. I dont feel comfortable with it in my back pocket at all, and i am afraid to sit down in fear i might break the screen. In my opinion the size of the device is just to much. It makes it impracticable.

My overall opinion is that the incredible is the better device, both in performance and practicality. People may disagree with the size of the X being a hindrance, but i prefer a small sleek device to a bulky one. The speed of the X is noticeably slower than the incredible. It comes in the form of screen stutters when scrolling apps and windows, to taking slightly more time to install apps and load internet pages. The speed is still acceptable and is faster than almost all other devices out there, but when compared directly to the incredible, I have to say that the incredible wins hands down.

I hope my opinions were useful. good luck :) go to the store and compare them side by side and make a decision based on that, its the only real way to compare them.

Last edited:

msticlaru

Reaction score
the x is better than the incredible in every way (cept phone size and blur vs sense that's all preference)

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Im sorry, I do not usually comment on posts like this, but do you have any experience at all on either phone? Even when comparing specs only without any hands on usage, they are are almost exactly the same. To say that one is better in every way is completely... wrong. you say "cept phone size and blur vs sense", but most all other specs are the same. main differences, type of CPU, micro USB vs Micro hdmi, and battery size.

CCMDOc

Reaction score
I have both the Incredible and the X, though I deactivated the Incredible to activate the X so can't do a side-by-side comparison.

I am afraid I have to agree with most of what MSTICLARU described.

I also believe that the photos on the Incredible are better in terms of sharpness than that of the X. Whether that is due to more in-camera processing or not, I do not know, but the delivered product from the Incredible is much sharper.

In support of the X, though, call quality is leaps and bounds much better than the Incredible, the MotoDROID, my LG Versa and a host of others.

In addition, the X supports voice dialing via my Jawbone BT headset out of the box.

These last two - call quality and BT voice dialing support - are the primary reasons I am still debating which I keep and which I sell/return.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well, now that I actually have the X, heres my take:

Sense UI is better than the UI on the X. Stock vs stock, Sense UI scrolling is smoother than on the X. The unlock screen stutters on the X. But, the Inc. uses a custom unlock screen, the X uses vanilla android 2.1. Thats one thing to keep in mind.

The external speaker may be louder on the Inc. My Droid's is louder than the X. Although games, music comes out fine.

If u wanna know how fast the 2 cpu's are, get HR Battle 3D, Google maps and start both to see. That can give u a good test. Run Quadrant and see how long it processes the first test. Load some big apps on both to get a good test

Battery life....check posts from former Inc and EVO users, maybe Droid users too. The battery life is still getting praises. There is a battery bug affecting some ppl where u have to reboot or remove the battery to see the actual battery life on the phone.

There was an OTA update recently that fixed some issues, gave ppl even better battery life, made the phone even faster, snappier. It also made things worse for some ppl....the nature of updates...lol

Size in pockets are no issue. If u have normal size pockets it will fit fine. There were times I forgot I had it in my pocket, and I was sitting a few of those times.

Size using it to one hand dial and type is no issue. And I have average size hands. I mention one handed use cuz for some reason ppl bring that up. Most of the time I use 2 hands on my lil ole orig Droid: left hand to hold phone, right hand to dial, type. lol

Only thing I see thats difficult to do one handed is swipe the notification bar down n up. I saw someone mention it being hard to use the X one handed in landscape mode...cmon ppl....lol

I try not to get into the whole Amoled vs. LCD thing, but I cant see Amoled being sharper. "Vibrant," colors that pop, yea I can see that. Sharper, I cant see it. (I quoted vibrant cuz the vibrancy is over satuation. What happens with Amoled screens is u lose detail. U lose details on Super Amoled too. Both screens have their pros and cons. Me, imma details man so I will pick LCD until Amoled gets sharper.) Screens will be a preference like the UI.

The camera....out the box, the X takes sharper close ups, the Inc sharper normal, wide shots. The X has more accurate colors. Change settings on both phones and they are both too close to really say which is better.

X has better reception. I get better reception on the X than on my Droid running Froyo's baseband, which gave me better reception than my Droid when it was running 2.1 Its kinda known the Droid had better reception than the Inc. (yea debatable but whatever...lol) Former Inc and EVO users say the X has better reception than their previous phones. The X having better reception than the Droid is very good.

Noise cancellation mics help for clearer calls.

The X has hardware advantages over the Inc, the Inc has software advantages over the X. Both phones are very similar. In the end it depends on what u want: better hardware or better software.

And like titan said, these places www.androidforums.com or www.androidcentral.com can give u a good idea from former Inc and EVO users. Yea former, cuz some ppl using the Inc and EVO actually switched and are happy they did.

Last edited:

jbjtkbw00

Reaction score
I gotta tell ya, I'm right there with CCMDOc and jroc.

I own both and have both active. I have even gone ahead and done the software update on the X to make sure it was a fair comparison. What I've noticed:

The X isn't nearly as smooth operationally, in my experience, as the Incredible. That phone was just so fluid in everything. I've had the X for 2 days and I"m seeing freezes, lags in moving from point A to point B, and it's rebooted 3 times on its own already.

Call quality on the X is better by far, however, I can't always initiate a call. For example, today, I tried to dial a regular call. Typed in the number and pressed the phone icon. It literally was 7 minutes before the call initiated. WTF?!?!?!? Never had that issue on the Incredible.

DX looks fantastic and that screen size rocks. I got my @$$ off of the desktop and sat in the living room reading websites on my phone while watching tv. I tried to do this often on the DInc, but the screensize hampered that long term.

The Sense UI actually was kinda fly. I liked it. I hated it at first until I got on the DX. I actually miss it to tell the truth. There were some niceties to it and you'd need to use it to understand.

I won't regurgitate more due to what was detailed by these two, but it's different and each has their advantages and disadvantages. I'm going to be using both for a few weeks until I can determine what I want as my main device.

trebb

Reaction score
^ There's obviously something wrong with your phone, or you're exaggerating.

Most reviews that I've read have said that the phone is pretty snappy and smooth. Maybe not as great as the Incredible, but nothing like you're claiming.

jbjtkbw00

Reaction score
^ There's obviously something wrong with your phone, or you're exaggerating.

Most reviews that I've read have said that the phone is pretty snappy and smooth. Maybe not as great as the Incredible, but nothing like you're claiming.

I wish I was exaggerating. I normally make calls using bluetooth, so it's rare that I make calls from the keyboard. Out of the 5 calls I made today, 3 of them did that. Just tried another and it went through immediately. It's hit and miss. If it continues, when I get time, I'm taking it in, but yeah, it's gotta be defective on some level.