Incredible TV Out

futureroads

Reaction score
I've seen some discussions about what cable and/or adapters to use for the Incredible's TV Out feature. You can get a cable here ....

HTC Droid Incredible TV-Out Cable

.. and here's what it looks like in use ...

[video=youtube;Ui9GzGQzBn0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ui9GzGQzBn0]YouTube - ‪Verizon HTC Incredible TV Out‬‎[/video]

crunchcg

Reaction score
I have been curious about this. Does this tvout cable support all screen output or just media like youtube and videos taken with the camera? I have a tv.com app that would be nice to play on a larger monitor for viewing.

OP
F

futureroads

Reaction score
TV Out does not mean just video media ... ANYTHING on the droid screen is output to the attached TV. This means you see your home screens, ANY apps you might run, etc .... including TV.COM which I also have and have watched via TV Out.

fatmatt

Reaction score
Too bad no HD video out. Do you think they will make a device that can do this? Is it even possible to do HD out from mini usb to hdmi/component cable? I would love to stream the new NFL network app to my tV.

OP
F

futureroads

Reaction score
The Incredible TV Out is not HD .. if you need HD you'll need a Droid X. But with the 10" TV used in this video the "weak link" (lowest resultion) was the TV not the phone.

youngbey

Reaction score
is it possible to hook this cable to a non hd tv and have it work?
EDIT: i tried it out and it worked but its a little buggy.

Last edited:
OP
F

futureroads

Reaction score
The TV I'm using in the YouTube video above is not an HD TV.

fatmatt

Reaction score
Is there any way to hook the Incredible to a computer and stream or use hdmi to a TV? I'm trying to avoid buying this cable.

As in, can I connect the Incredible to my computer running windows 7 via USB and somehow connect it to the TV using hdmi out from my laptop or streaming to my Xbox 360?