TV Out Dinc2?

OP
Stelv

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
I just emailed HTC. I will see what they say.

OP
Stelv

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
This is what htc emailed me: "The HTC Incredible 2 supports a feature called Mobile High-Definition Link (MHL). You can find out more about this technology here: http://en.wikipedia.org/ wiki/Mobile_High-definition_Link. At this time, HTC does not manufacture the appropriate cable to support this; however, the option is available."

Sent from my fascinate

OP
Stelv

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
The SGS2 will be like this too with MHL instead of hdmi out. I have been looking for a third party company that carries a cable, but I haven't found one yet. Let me know if anyone does. I am thinking about this phone, but I would like a phone with TV out since I cancelled cable a couple months ago.

Also I asked them about the locked bootloader and it seemed like they would be unlocking future devices not this one. Still looks like a sweet device, hopefully it gets root soon. What developers are working on this?

tcvaldez

Reaction score
I wonder if this accessory will help with that: monoprice.com [video=youtube;P5tJl_a_wcc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5tJl_a_wcc[/video]

Krennel

Reaction score
The Inc2 actually doesn't support MHL capabilities, unless the cable they have yet to release is fine tuned to the Inc2. I've tried 3 different micro usb to HDMI cables with my phone and none work.

The DLNA feature works perfectly however, I stream stuff from my phone to my WDTV Live all the time.

This post has been Inc'd

sacnotsack

Reaction score
There was another thread about this on another forum. I have been following it for quite some time now, but nobody has had any luck so far to my knowledge. I'll look for the post and provide a link.

Sent from my DINC2

andysom25

Reaction score
How do you use the DLNA feature on the dinc2? What do I need and how do I go about making it work ?

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums

Krennel

Reaction score
How do you use the DLNA feature on the dinc2? What do I need and how do I go about making it work ?

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums

First you need a DLNA compatible device hooked to your network. Pretty much any one will work, the only think I have run into issues with are PS3's and some Sony TV's. Once that is powered on and hooked to your network, play the media file you want to play, hit the menu key, and select 'Select player'. It then should pop up with your DLNA compaible device.

The downside to this over an HDMI cable or the like is that you can only play media files, you can't push your phones desktop to the TV like you can with a wired connection.

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
First you need a DLNA compatible device hooked to your network. Pretty much any one will work, the only think I have run into issues with are PS3's and some Sony TV's. Once that is powered on and hooked to your network, play the media file you want to play, hit the menu key, and select 'Select player'. It then should pop up with your DLNA compaible device.

The downside to this over an HDMI cable or the like is that you can only play media files, you can't push your phones desktop to the TV like you can with a wired connection.

Does DLNA push Netflix programming?
Not that it matters to me, unless my home internet goes down.

----posted maxx'ed out----

Krennel

Reaction score
I've not tried that actually. I don't imagine you can, but I'll give it a shot when I get home.

Sent from my NookColor using DroidForums