Incredible TERRIBLE service!

xxnonamexx

Reaction score
My cousin switched from Nextel to VZN and purchased the Incredible he gets worse service then with his Nextel. VZN is now giving him a new phone today we will see if he gets more then 1 bar. His wife has VZN and I have a DROID and we both get 4 bars.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Had zero issues with the DI while I was testing it.(3 weeks)

OP
X

xxnonamexx

Reaction score
Verizon confirmed the DI has had antennae issues causing the poor service so today he recieves the new one we shall see if this improves. If not I think he is going to go to the original droid which is flawless or wait for droid 2.

zMd113

Reaction score
Mine always shows 1 bar but my calls are still crystal clear. I've never had a dropped call.

BzB

Reaction score
what's the point of this thread? are you looking for help for your "cousin" or are you simply complaining on behalf of your "cousin"?

if your "cousin" would like help with his incredible send him this way and we'll help him out. :)

hobby31

Reaction score
It been a known problem with the incredible showing 1-2 bars. My moto droid always showed 3-4 bars but the incredible shows 1-2 side by side. If you look at the signal strength though they both show the same. Around 85-95 dbm. It's been said it is a software problem in how the incredible displays the number of bars. I pretty much only have 1-2 bars showing all the time but have had no connection issues or dropped calls what so ever.

atthehop

Reaction score
It been a known problem with the incredible showing 1-2 bars. My moto droid always showed 3-4 bars but the incredible shows 1-2 side by side. If you look at the signal strength though they both show the same. Around 85-95 dbm. It's been said it is a software problem in how the incredible displays the number of bars. I pretty much only have 1-2 bars showing all the time but have had no connection issues or dropped calls what so ever.

Mine does the same thing, I just ignore the bars.

kmo

Reaction score
Verizon confirmed the DI has had antennae issues causing the poor service so today he recieves the new one we shall see if this improves. If not I think he is going to go to the original droid which is flawless or wait for droid 2.

Is this about the bars that are being displayed or is he actually getting dropped calls and having poor call quality? Because on a regular basis I have low bars on my phone but get good call quality and almost never get a dropped call.

MiXoLoGiSt

Reaction score
The bars do not reflect signal. The time bars reflect your signal is when you are on a call and once you are off the call the bars drop again. This is implemented by HTC to not take up a huge amount of battery life.

To find a true reading of your signal go to Settings -> About phone -> Network.

If you are reading anywhere from -60 to -100 your signal is awesome/good. Usually anything above -100 is an average/weak signal.

jnagy129

Reaction score
My bars certainly seem to reflect signal, a lot of times when there is one bar and its doing all the goofy signal stuff my texts dont send and calls dont come in, then itll bounce back up to full bars and ill have like 3 voicemails...also in my room (moto q and droid both have perfect signal in) i consistently drop calls causing me to break out my old home phone from the closet when im vegetating. i hope this improves with an update very soon :/

edit: it also seems to completely lose signal while charging

Last edited:

jnagy129

Reaction score
wifi sometimes does the same thing, the signal on it will be full bars then itll just lose connection and it wont connect right back, i shut wifi off and back on itll recognize my internet but then wont connect and either ill restart the phone or continue fiddling with it until it eventually does reconnect. fyi it does this on other wifi networks than my house as well..

Max_HTC

Reaction score
I am glad I found this thread. I was griping to myself on Droid day 1 I cant get more than 1 bar. But calls have been fine.