Dead Droid Incredible after factory reset by phone rep?!?!? REALLY?!?!?!?

sbaker5

Reaction score
My husband and I both have Droid incredibles. He uses his for business. Since October, we have had issues with the phones that included system low memory issues, app issues (not working and then showing up) in addition to more software updates than I can keep track of. He has actually been encountering a new issue where a client says they called and somehow he doesn't have record of the call. No calls missed, nothing in call history. When he checks his voice mail, sure enough, there is a message there. He reaching a boiling point today and called Verizon tech support. They advised him to do a factory reset. He called me in and told me they wanted to do one to both of our phones. I refused because I am bad about backing up my phone and contacts. He is good about it, so he agreed to the reset. Three hours later, 3 technicians later, they declared his phone dead. No one can explain it. At first, it wouldn't turn on or make or receive calls. One tech made some changes and then they were able to get the phone to function, but 3G and anything related to data just wouldn't work or function. Verizon's response was a loaner phone for 2 days and they are going to provide a refurbished phone as a replacement. Not too crazy about the solution as they were the ones who pushed the software upgrades and recommended the factory reset. Any recommendations out there other than dropping verizon?!??!?!?!

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Wow that's rustrating. All they want to do after giving you directions is give you refurbs? If I was your tech I'd do everything in my power to get you folks new phones at least.

Sorry to hear about your experience.

rubiksc00p

Reaction score
Somewhere on this amazing ball of creation!
Yeah... That's a bummer, refurb is pretty much the same though, and if you have any trouble with it, they'll replace it pretty easily (i think) ;) ... the DInc is a great phone though! :biggrin: Almost got it before I read rumors of the X and decided to wait... :icon_ lala: