White HTC Screen after factory reset

player52

Reaction score
so my buddy owns the HTC TB and hes had it since release day and Saturday while doing a factory reset his phone died during mid reset. since he isn't tech savvy he didn't know and he got it stuck into the white HTC screen (see picture)

i apologize if this question has been asked but im a seasoned forum user so "use the search function that's what its for" comment isnt needed. i own a Bionic that's rooted,rommed,etc.. so i know whats needed and what to look for but i could not find any type of FXZ to return the TB to stock. i dont know if an FXZ is needed for the TB but i know most android devices work the same. if someone can link me to how to return it to stock i would appreciate this very much since my buddy has 10 days left or else he loses his unlimited data

pic is what i see when i turn the TB on.

wardo

Reaction score
I couldn't tell you how to fix it. But I can think of trying to hold the volume button before turning on the power. Doesn't that give you a different start up avenue?

Call HTC

Sent from my HTC_Flyer_P512_NA using Tapatalk 2

OP
player52

player52

Reaction score
i tried recovery thru that already and it did nothing so i need to manually remove the bad rom and replace it with a working stock one.

trter10

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Put that file on the sdcard and boot to hboot and press flash. Then once it's flashed remove the file from the sd and it should boot

Last edited:

jenmarks29

Reaction score
White Screen also after factory reset

I switched carriers so I sold my HTC Thuderbolt. I did a factory reset (or tried) because I didn't want all of my info in the phone. Well that was a bad idea because all I get now is this white screen with htc in green. It won't do anything else. Tried Recovery and Factory reset several times. Also found other people who had this same problem and got it fixed, but I didn't understand how they did it. Can anyone please help me with step by step instructions? I really needed the money from the phone. Tried contacting HTC for help but they were unsuccessful and wanted me to send it in to get repaired at my expense. Thank you.