Did I get a lemon?

mikeb33

Reaction score
Got my Incredible yesterday. At home in my office, I barely get a connection. It ranges from no bars to 1. the 3G icon is not lit. I also have a home wireless G network and it seems to be beyond that range too, although my laptop picks it up.
Sitting here with my Wife's Moto Droid side by side with my Incredible. Hers has 3 to 4 bars and the 3G indicator lit. Mine has 0-1 ,and no 3G.
Any ideas?

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
People have reported the phone showing much lower signals than the Incredible

kmo

Reaction score
Try a reset on the phone. Are you having problems connecting or is it just the bars not showing up? Some have reported not seeing the numbers of bars being accurate that's why I'm asking. If you're not able to connect to 3g/wifi that's a problem but if you can connect without issue then stop looking at the bars, might be an issue of just an inaccurate bar reading. If it's not working after a factory reset I would return it for a new one and see if that helps, or call a tech at VZW maybe they will be able to help.

robdroid

Reaction score
Got my Incredible yesterday. At home in my office, I barely get a connection. It ranges from no bars to 1. the 3G icon is not lit. I also have a home wireless G network and it seems to be beyond that range too, although my laptop picks it up.
Sitting here with my Wife's Moto Droid side by side with my Incredible. Hers has 3 to 4 bars and the 3G indicator lit. Mine has 0-1 ,and no 3G.
Any ideas?

Hi Mike,
The Issue about the weak strength meter is a commonly reported issue! The more important question how is your HTCI in a real call! I'm betting your real reception exceeds your meters showing. I also have my home set up with a "N" wireless network and it appears weaker then the laptop yet gets great speeds on my network! so try it and not worry how it looks compared to how it works

Last edited:

moonnite

Reaction score
go to settings and about phone and look up the prl number and write it down, also were you legacy alltel or original verizon. also look up the prl on the moto droid as well if they are different *228 - 2 the increadible

the 3g is disabled when the wifi is connected

any audio or call issues?

OP
M

mikeb33

Reaction score
OK I ran speed test. With WiFI off, I first got 7kbps down and 5 up. Then I reran and 134 down, 146 up. I did it a few more times and got about the same, so I don know what caused the first one to be low.
Then I turned on WiFI and got 1827/538. Then immediately got 303/767 then 1834/246 and 912/270.
Seem OK then not too good? Do I have a problem?

Dream

Reaction score
Any ideas?

Your not showing any signal or 3G because you have wi-fi turned on.

Edit: your signal should still be showing, but the 3G will be gone when you are connected to wi-fi.

atthehop

Reaction score
I just ignore the bars, have not had a dropped call and internet is very gast. My company issued ATT air card sucks and keeps dropping my VPN connection. Thank god Oakland, CA Airport offers free WIFI and I can kill some time waiting for my flight back to the east coast.

newevolutionix

Reaction score
When I got my droid I had a faulty one. I had bad service, it was really slow loading things, it would open one thing when I opened something totally different, and my GPS didnt work half the time, plus when I made phone calls halfway through the convo the person i was talking to couldnt hear me at all. So I went in and got a new one and it worked fine.