How many people have you converted to ANDROID?

BrooklynDROID

Reaction score
I'm curious. How many people have you gotten to move to Android devices, regardless of manufacturer or service provider?

I'm up to 4 :)

After I got my Droid, my sister went and purchased one. After her boyfriend saw it, he ended up getting one.

A coworker of mine liked my Droid and how it operated, but he waited and went with a Droid X.

I work in a family business (plumbing/construction), and at work we use Sprint/Nextel. I convinced my Dad to get out of his Blackberry 8350i and into a Motorola i1. Today is his first day using the i1, and he's extremely happy he made the switch. If the i1 ran 2.1, I would have probably gotten one also to consolidate (I use a Moto i680 "Brute" for work). But, 1.5 is more than enough for my Dad, since he doesn't need or want the multimedia capabilities that Eclair or FroYo have.

Let's hear it!

Reaction score
Iv converted around 6 or 7 people to android
One of my friends got a blaze
my aunt and uncle evo's
My friends dad got a droid x
my Girlfriend has a droid on my plan
and a few otheirs that i dont even remember.

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
1 so far.

I was just getting my wife a new phone (new every two) and they had a buy one get one free so I inadvertantly converted myself. Just what I needed, another addiction.

Workin on the family, then the friends. Gotta build some experience ya know. As a side note, been using Verizon since before they merged and were know as Air Touch Cellular. If you ask how many people I have converted to Verizon I would say around 30 that I know of. Who knows about the silent type.

EgooEspada

Reaction score
Let's see.
One to the HTC Evo
One to the Nexus One
One to the Droid (Original Droid or Droid X he said. )
One to a Samsung Captivate
and three who are considering one.

I believe I've done well.

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
We should be getting paid. I think Verizon is 1 up on us.

harrellj

Reaction score
Well, brother and I got our D1s on release day and a coworker of mine got his (and his wife's) the same day. Otherwise... 3 coworkers (one to the D1, one to Eris and one to X). I know someone who has an N1 and someone who had a G1 as well. Can't convince parents to give up their BBs though. :icon_evil:

defcon86nwh

Reaction score
I am a convert from a Iphone and I converted 4 so far to Droids. The only reason my parents and sister hasn't is because my dad gets a deal because he works for At@t. Otherwise he would have already.

maddog94d

Reaction score
Between myself and 2 of my Co workers we have now gotten around 50 other Co workers to come to either the Droid the DX or the Dinc.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
1 so far.

I was expecting that a friend of mine would. His RAID system is Linux and he loves to build his own computers. I figured he'd like the ability to hack his own phone (he was proud of changing the software on his digital camera so it'll do more than before) but nothing. Ah well.

Mojo

Reaction score
I would say I have done over 300 converts to android.... but my job requires it. ;)

Droidfish

Reaction score
I got 2- a droid1 and a droid X been promising to get them both rooted but haven't had the time lately.

I'll definitely get my wife when she upgrades, just don't know what to get her, maybe the incredible.

GolfProRM

Reaction score
I've managed quite a few:

2 Droids (friends)
4 Droid Eris (3 friends and my brother)
1 Droid Incredible (my aunt)
1 Droid X (twitter follower)
2 EVO's (friends)

404-not found

Reaction score
I'm converted from iphone to Dx, My wife, Droid 2 from Blackberry,
2 guys at work, including the IT guy, both to Dx from Blackberry, daughter and boyfriend once their iphone contracts are up, to dinc