Incredible not being recognized by PC..

Stoweaway

Reaction score
well ive run into yet another problem with this phone. starting a couple days ago , i plugged my phone into my computer, and i couldnt access my sd card or my phone from my computer. Also, on the menu bar on the top of the incredibles screen was only the usb debugging option. Usually, when you connect the phone, you get a "type of connection" option up there to choose whether you want to use it as a disk drive or just to charge. that doesnt show up anymore. and when i connect my phone and go through my computer to try to access my memory card or phone, it says "please insert a disk into drive f:" why cant i access my phone or sd card from my computer anymore? oh and also my phone will still charge when plugged into my computer but my computer wont recognize it :(

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
So it has worked in the past on the same computer and you haven't changed anything (ie updates or wipes)?

OP
S

Stoweaway

Reaction score
yes it has worked in the past, and no no wipes

rjbutler82

Reaction score
I had the same problem and it was really starting to to get to me. It seemed to start after either installing the Vcast Media Manager or manually updating to 2.2. I uninstalled VCast media manager, which I didn't like anyways. I then restarted my computer and plugged my phone back in after it booted up. I never lost any of the USB options so I cycled through each one. When I selected Mobile Broadband Connection, my pc recognized new hardware and I am assuming reinstalled the necessary drivers. My PC now recognizes my sd card and the internal memory. dancedroid
I don't know if this will help anyone, but that was all I had to do.

mr_beefy

Reaction score
well ive run into yet another problem with this phone. starting a couple days ago , i plugged my phone into my computer, and i couldnt access my sd card or my phone from my computer. Also, on the menu bar on the top of the incredibles screen was only the usb debugging option. Usually, when you connect the phone, you get a "type of connection" option up there to choose whether you want to use it as a disk drive or just to charge. that doesnt show up anymore. and when i connect my phone and go through my computer to try to access my memory card or phone, it says "please insert a disk into drive f:" why cant i access my phone or sd card from my computer anymore? oh and also my phone will still charge when plugged into my computer but my computer wont recognize it :(

click on "usb debugging..." and it should present you with your list of connection options.

thyladyinred

Reaction score
right click 'my computer' select 'manage' select 'device manager'
under disk drives, make sure the Droid drives are ENABLED.
Worked for me, no promises to anyone else. I must have disabled them when the vcast web pop-up was wreaking havoc on everything we hold dear.

fritomist

Reaction score
I have the same problem but it happens intermittenly and for no apparent reason. When it does I have to turn my dinc completely off and on again, and then it will recognize ball the sd card, not just the phone's default drive.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

rudafris

Reaction score
HTC Incredible

I had the same problem; I was looking how to solve this matter; I found it by going to Settings, Connect to pc, Default connection type, then Disk drive. Finally I connected my phone into the USB port, I had my computer folder openned and I saw where it says "celular"; I double click and I saw all my celular folders in there.

Enjoy..

Rudafris:icon_ banana:

fritomist

Reaction score
I have done that before, and just did it again after your post, but my phone has a mind of its own for when it wants to recognize my SD card. It will always load up with the phone itself, but half the time I have to restart the phone with the usb cable plugged in for it to default to the SD choices.