have froyo, now have questions

moopey

Reaction score
I manually updated to froyo and now, whenever I plug the phone to my computer the verizon wireless website launches. This is annoying. Is there a way to stop it.

Also, when i plug the phone to my computer only one drive (the phone storage) shows up. No matter what I do I cannot access my 16gb SD card through the pc. The phone recognizes the card just fine and saves all my vids and pics to it. But when i try to view them on the PC the drive does not show up.

Any ideas. Thanks.
-Derek-

tw15egan

Reaction score
I mean obvious thing would be no make sure you enable Disk Drive instead of Charge Only.. Besides that, I'm not too sure. As far as the website thing, yes that is VERY annoying, same happens to me. I have not been able to get it to stop, but I'm assuming once I download the software it will go away (but nooo way am i doing that!)

OP
M

moopey

Reaction score
No matter what option I choose, charge, disk drive, etc, only the phone storage shows up.

RyanPm40

Reaction score
I've noticed that my SD drive doesn't POP up, but if I go to My Computer, it's still there under the list of drives.

OP
M

moopey

Reaction score
My SD isn't available in my computer either.

chartle

Reaction score
Did you go into Computer Management under the Disk Management section to see if the computer doesn't see it or if it does it isn't assigning it a drive letter.

At my work we have mapped drives to various network servers. The first one is F: most flash drives and the like only see the local drives and will try to use the F: drive letter. Well the mapped drive wins so it doesn't assign it any driver letter. I have to go in and change it to something else like L: and it works.

Not sure if this is your issue or not.

OP
M

moopey

Reaction score
I'll that Chartle.

It's weird, before the update any computer would recognize and assign both drives a drive letter. now after the update, its only the phone storage.