connecting incredible to computer?

lgbalfa

Reaction score
what steps do i need to follow to connect my phone to the computer?

i want to access my SD card.

the only disk that came with the phone is VZ access manager but when i installed it i could not locate the SD card.

thanks

andrew_ja

Reaction score
When you connect the phone to your computer, there will be a list to choose from. If you miss it, bring down the statuses pull down menu and tap what is defaulted to "Charge Only". Select "Disk Drive" then "Done". Note that this will disconnect the SD card from your phone so you can make changes to it. After a couple of seconds, you should see two drives on your computer (depending on what OS and how it is setup, you will see two dialog boxes popup on 7, Vista, and I am assuming XP. They should be in your My Computer otherwise, or on a Mac, should have two icons appear on the desktop). The first drive letter alphabetically is the phone onboard memory. The second is the SD card.

Do your magic.

When done, on your phone, bring down the statuses pull down menu, and select "Charge Only". You will see phone "Preparing SD card" and go away. Your phone can now see the SD card.

OP
lgbalfa

lgbalfa

Reaction score
thank you very much for the information.

where should i put mp3 songs on the SD card so that they are readable when i want to assign them as ringers?

andrew_ja

Reaction score
I actually think I got the drive letters things mixed up, the one that has the HTCSync installer in the root directory is the phone's internal memory, which should be about 6.5 gigs in size. The other will be the SD card. Just to clarify.

For ringtones, I put them in a folder called "SDCardLetter:/RINGTONES/" (I believe capitalization matters). For notifications, I put those in SDCardLetter:/media/audio/notifications/ (note all are lower case). This will have the sound appear in the choosing notification sound popup when you change it. Also, I found that if you do it this way, these files will not appear in your music player, so another advantage for doing it this way.

Axel

Reaction score
I have my notifications and ringtones under /emmc/notifications and /emmc/ringtones (that is, in the built-in memory rather than the SD card). I don't think capitalization matters, since my works all-lowercase, and they're just sitting on the top of the internal memory, no need for /media/audio/*. I think it just finds any folder named "notifications" or "ringtones" automatically.

OP
lgbalfa

lgbalfa

Reaction score
andrew -

thanks for the info.

you have been very helpful!

you are right, as long as you create a folder named "ringtones" it will recognize it.

i created a folder titled "ringtones" on my SD card and just dropped the songs in.

thank you again.