Accessing SDcard for Droid Incredible from my PC

Raptearer

Reaction score
I'm having trouble accessing my Incredible's SD card from the PC. I plugged it in through the USB, but the only things I'm getting on my computer are Removable Disk F and Removable Disk H. Their both very similar, and I can't find the SD card folder in either in them. Any help in locating them would be appreciated very much.

CsonkaBear

Reaction score
I'm having trouble accessing my Incredible's SD card from the PC. I plugged it in through the USB, but the only things I'm getting on my computer are Removable Disk F and Removable Disk H. Their both very similar, and I can't find the SD card folder in either in them. Any help in locating them would be appreciated very much.

It would be F provided you don't have a thumb drive on a USB port.

OP
Raptearer

Raptearer

Reaction score

Ok, so if I created a folder in there, then unplugged my phone, the file would be stored on my SD card?

razor2006

Reaction score
Are you running Windows XP? Is there a drive letter already assigned in order that it may be trying to map the SD Card to?

XP has a bug with this with network drives. Say for example, if you had a network drive mapped to F: and had D: as your optical drive, and E: as another hard drive (or anything, really), and plugged in a thumbdrive, it wouldn't map the drive letter because F: was used already.

If you hit Start -> Run, and type in "diskmgmt.msc" and hit enter, it will open the Disk Management application. From there you can see the drive and its respective partition, but it won't have a letter assigned to it like the other things listed there. If you right click on the partition and choose Change Drive Letter, and select something that isn't used, it would mount properly, and off you go.

This may not apply to you, but I thought I'd put it out there.

CsonkaBear

Reaction score

Ok, so if I created a folder in there, then unplugged my phone, the file would be stored on my SD card?

Yes. You can use a file manager such as Astro to explore folders on the phone. Or your pc with Windows Explorer when connected.