Copying Photos From Computer to Phone - Little Help Here?

pdmike

Reaction score
I want to copy photos from the hard disk on my computer, onto my Droid Incredible. I would most appreciate a step by step, as I am having real trouble getting this done.

For example, I connect the phone to the computer via the USB port. I then open up Windows Explorer so I will be able to copy photos from their directory on my hard drive, to the appropriate directory on my phone. Only problem is, Windows Explorer is telling me there are only two folders on my phone: drv and img. The only file on drv is a modem installation file. The only files on img are "Verizon" and "Vendor." Somehow, I don't think I am in the right place.

I have an SD card in the phone. Why can't I see the directory tree for the SD card?

Anyway, as I said - would someone be so kind as to give me a step by step on this one? I'm sure it's easy as can be, once you know how to do it. I looked through the manual, but could not find anything in there on copying photos from computer to phone. I also searched six or seven thread pages under photo copying, but did not find any answers.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Moving your post to the Incredible general discussion section.

Mike

OP
pdmike

pdmike

Reaction score
Come on, guys - this is a basic issue. Surely someone can take a shot at it . . .

MysticalDreams

Reaction score
IL for now... waiting for the day we can move back
Current Phone Model
Note 8!!
I can't hook my phone up to my computer since the update so this is going off memory... forgive me if I mess up :(

after connecting the phone up via USB to the computer. make sure you select mount disk on your phone (if you didn't you can select it by pulling down the notification bar)

You should get 2 pop up windows on the computer (what action would you like to take) I just closed these out and went into windows explorer.

You should see 2 new drives listed. one is the phone and the other is the sd card. You should be able to tell which is which by the capacity. (you can rename the drive once you know which is which and it will keep the names for the next time you plug your phone in)

The "photo folder" is named dcim (i think) once finding the folder you can drag and drop your other pictures into the folder. I know I created a folder on my sd card for pictures and have sub folders in it but without being able to do much with the phone until my replacement arrives this is all i have...

sorry hope it helps some

OP
pdmike

pdmike

Reaction score
I can't hook my phone up to my computer since the update so this is going off memory... forgive me if I mess up :(

after connecting the phone up via USB to the computer. make sure you select mount disk on your phone (if you didn't you can select it by pulling down the notification bar)

You should get 2 pop up windows on the computer (what action would you like to take) I just closed these out and went into windows explorer.

You should see 2 new drives listed. one is the phone and the other is the sd card. You should be able to tell which is which by the capacity. (you can rename the drive once you know which is which and it will keep the names for the next time you plug your phone in)

The "photo folder" is named dcim (i think) once finding the folder you can drag and drop your other pictures into the folder. I know I created a folder on my sd card for pictures and have sub folders in it but without being able to do much with the phone until my replacement arrives this is all i have...

sorry hope it helps some

Thanks so much for the response! This sounds right - I'll give it a shot as soon as I get home.

One question, though: you mention "pulling down the notification bar." How do you do that? I can go Menu/Notifications at the Main Screen but, when I do, all it does is tell me a recent email and a recent app purchase.

Are we both talking Droid Incredibles here? Or might you have some other Droid model?

agneis

Reaction score
moving pics from phone to sd card

I kept getting notifications that my phone memory storage was running low but I couldn't get most of my pics onto the sd card. My phone (Droid, ca. Nov '09) doesn't save pics automatically to the card. I asked a Vz rep about it and he didn't know what to say.
I followed the advice of "rebrn" at https://supportforums.motorola.com/message/146861 step by step and was able to move a large portion of the pics from the phone memory to the card-- a little at a time since i didn't want to lose any.
If the pics i take would only save to the sd card, there would be no issue. https://supportforums.motorola.com/message/146861