Incredible 2 Hotmail won't Sync or Close

KayxBaby315

Reaction score
My Incredible 2 won't sync my email and when I tried to delete the account off the phone it says "503 80318:User has invalid status". I was recently getting those text messages from VZWNMN so I went into my features and turned off my "Contact Management" because someone said that was the problem and it was, I am no longer getting the texts but now my email won't work. Any suggestions?

Sftball05

Reaction score
I am having this exact same problem. I also got on this morning and turned off the contact manager. My gmail is still syncing but my yahoo account will not. I tried to go back in and change my features back to contact manager on but am unable to even find the change features now.

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have contact management turned off from my verizon page and can still sync gmail and yahoo mail using yahoo mail or gmail app. I have never used the stock htc email app. I read not to use it because it had some bugs. I am not sure about hotmail. You can try going to settings>applications>manage applications>select the app that is giving you problems>then clear cache.

Sftball05

Reaction score
I still haven't figured out a solution to this problem. My boyfriend spent some time last night trying to figure it out and was also unsuccessful. He was able to get his hotmail to link up but unable to do anything with yahoo. I can send yahoo emails out but cannot see my inbox or get incoming mail.

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
I still haven't figured out a solution to this problem. My boyfriend spent some time last night trying to figure it out and was also unsuccessful. He was able to get his hotmail to link up but unable to do anything with yahoo. I can send yahoo emails out but cannot see my inbox or get incoming mail.

I just use the yahoo mail app from the market and gmail app. I don't use HTC's mail program at all. The yahoo mail app should work.

Sftball05

Reaction score
I decided to try the Yahoo Mail app since my problem is with my yahoo account. I sent a test email and it went right through. So many by passing the Mail application and downloading a different app for the email service we use. Stinks to go that route but at least I can get my emails again!

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Sorry I couldn't be more help with the stock email app. Maybe the Gingerbread update will fix it.

inm8num2

Reaction score
My hotmail syncs new mail but doesn't seem to acknowledge messages that have been read or deleted.

AVDroid

Reaction score
incredible 2 no Live mail

Hi all,

New to the smart phone world.
Purchased a new HTC Driod Incredible 2 and I have the same issues as others. I cannot add my MSN (aka live/hotmail) account to the Inc2. So after reading many posts on buggy OSs I upgraded last night to 2.3.3.
Still no luck but now my google mail which was working has now stopped. Fortunately, Exchange mail is still working. My Yahoo mail is working using the Yahoo mail app. so no issues there. Any clues?

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
I am not sure what is going on with mail but there is also a free app called k9 mail in the market that should work with all types of mail. It is a multi mail client.

Also I may have said this already but power phone down take battery out and put back in and power on after ota update.

sent from my inc2

AVDroid

Reaction score
Thanks but no luck. After this post yesterday the whole phone crashed.
I'm taking it back to the store for a complete re-installation.

ystava

Reaction score
My "Mail" app has never worked, it has some sort of "Toke" error message that comes up on two units now. The Gmail app works okay.

Of course I have Gmail set up to check all my other mail services including hotmail, so there is no real need for my mail app to work.

dong32117

Reaction score
Just got the Incredible 2 and set up my Hotmail. Everything was working fine then I updated to Gingerbread and now im not getting any emails. Thought it was supposed to improve the sync with Hotmail? Any info on how to fixs this?

Thanks

info4tim

Reaction score
Ok again. HTCs stock mail app DOES NOT WORK with all mail servers! HTC is well aware of this problem. Do not count on latest update to fix. Go to the market, and dwnload/install either K9 MailDroid n see how that works for you

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums

nicolehendry

Reaction score
Yahoo sync/delete

I have read all the solutions. I just want to delete the yahoo account that I added to my phone, I get the 503 80318 message. Any idea how to just do that and i will forget the yahoo account totally.

Thanks!