Increase Battery Life? You can help Team Liberty!

rcglider

Reaction score
youre not supposed to purposely drain the battery while youre running the test. just drain the battery before you start your test. then fully charge. wipe stats. then use your phone as normal and when your battery gets low take a screenshot of your stats

Oops. I'm purposely trying to run the battery down.
1) Using Slingbox with screen at max brightness
2) GPS on
3) WIFI on

I do use Slingbox quite a bit though.

So far, it looks like 4 hours running before it assumes room temperature. It's anecdotal, but it sure seems like I'm getting longer life; will repeat the test but more closely to normal usage.

I have extended battery btw.

rcglider

Reaction score
Ok, the battery died at ~4 hours. Problem: It won't start now! The charge light is on, but after 15 minutes of charging, it will not start. Is it supposed charge to 100% before it will start?

I did remove the battery to no avail.

brenneisec

Reaction score
Ok, the battery died at ~4 hours. Problem: It won't start now! The charge light is on, but after 15 minutes of charging, it will not start. Is it supposed charge to 100% before it will start?

if your battery is completely dead youre gonna have to let it get a little bit of charge before your phone will boot

rcglider

Reaction score

if your battery is completely dead youre gonna have to let it get a little bit of charge before your phone will boot
Yes, my last post was premature; it's been a long time since killing the battery.

brenneisec

Reaction score

Yes, my last post was premature; it's been a long time since killing the battery.

no worries. just remember to have normal use on your phone this time. 4 hours batt life is horrible

OP
K

kejar31

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score

And if you are following the procedures, you shouldn't turn your phone back on until it is fully charged... At least the first time after wiping the stats..

dirtyfingers

Reaction score
Guys, before you start the test you need to:

Charge to 100%
Clear Battery Stats
Unplug, Reboot and let phone die
Charge back up to 100% (with phone still off)

Then you can start the test (with normal usage)

jzmax22

Reaction score
so ive fully charged my phone, wiped stats, drained battery to 0% and now am charging to 100% and then using normal. This is the correct procedure right? i know i sound repetitive, but there has been some confusion on this thread as to exactly what to do.

dirtyfingers

Reaction score
so ive fully charged my phone, wiped stats, drained battery to 0% and now am charging to 100% and then using normal. This is the correct procedure right? i know i sound repetitive, but there has been some confusion on this thread as to exactly what to do.

That is correct. Make sure you are using the stock theme as stated in the OP. Im sure Kejar will clarify if he wants you to do something different.

OP
K

kejar31

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
latest..........

Nmayar

Reaction score
I also will thank you for the clarification dirtyfingers.

Sent from my Liberated DroidX

kdkinc

Reaction score
My 24 hour test as per OP direction.

Note that picture 1 reflects a reboot I did this morning No cable connection for 24 hours

Last edited:

mikex

Reaction score
Dang. I thought I was following directions, but I didn't realize you weren't supposed to use the phone after wiping the stats. Couldn't it take days to drain the battery while the phone is just sitting there? Anyway, I guess I'm out of the testing pool cause I don't have an extra phone. Anyway, been getting about the average battery life today after wiping the stats this am which is still pretty good. I think not using set cpu to bring the max MHz to 300 when the screen is off has brought that average down just a little. Good luck everybody.

gobbles23

Reaction score
Dang. I thought I was following directions, but I didn't realize you weren't supposed to use the phone after wiping the stats. Couldn't it take days to drain the battery while the phone is just sitting there? Anyway, I guess I'm out of the testing pool cause I don't have an extra phone. Anyway, been getting about the average battery life today after wiping the stats this am which is still pretty good. I think not using set cpu to bring the max MHz to 300 when the screen is off has brought that average down just a little. Good luck everybody.

You can use your phone like you normally would. They are saying after you clear battery stats and fully drain your battery then charge it fully. After that just use your phone normally and when it is almost dead post your stats

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App