In the market...

matt52592

Reaction score
So, I have been a blackberry user for the past 2+ years and recently got bored of the lack of "fun" they provide so I am pretty certain that I will be switching to a droid very soon. However, with previous experiences from a touch screen phone I am not sure if I would be able to make the transition to a phone such as the inc2 or any of the other full touch screen devices.

So i guess my question is how have any other blackberry users made the transition to droids?

I am leaning toward getting the pro but i also want to wait to see what the droid 3 has to offer when it comes out. Also is there really any huge difference in using a touch screen only phone like the inc 2 compared to the keyboard that i am used to on my curve or am i just over exaggerating?

DavidM.

Reaction score
Well I've never had a BB before but I love the touchscreen. I find it better than a keyboard though with the original droid you've got a slide-out keyboard too. I've never had any problems with the touchscreen and I like it.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
So i guess my question is how have any other blackberry users made the transition to droids?
Ex-BB users aren't all identical. Some insist on a physical keyboard. Some adapt. Some use a non-stock keyboard app.

I originally selected the Droid for its physical keyboard since I was transitioning from an 8310. However the Droid has a terrible physical keyboard and I rarely use it. Swype actually made the virtual keyboard acceptable to me. YMMV, of course.

Also is there really any huge difference in using a touch screen only phone like the inc 2 compared to the keyboard that i am used to on my curve or am i just over exaggerating?
See above. It's a highly subjective matter. Get out there and try some devices to see for yourself. You can ask all you want and read all you want and still not have any idea where your preferences lie. Test drive.

Last edited:

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
Ex-BB users aren't all identical. Some insist on a physical keyboard. Some adapt. Some use a non-stock keyboard app.

I originally selected the Droid for its physical keyboard since I was transitioning from an 8310. However the Droid has a terrible physical keyboard and I rarely use it. Swype actually made the virtual keyboard acceptable to me. YMMV, of course.

Also is there really any huge difference in using a touch screen only phone like the inc 2 compared to the keyboard that i am used to on my curve or am i just over exaggerating?
See above. It's a highly subjective matter. Get out there and try some devices to see for yourself. You can ask all you want and read all you want and still not have any idea where your preferences lie. Test drive.

Good answer and suggestion. I'm also a former BB user and I agree to try the devices out in the stores. I like having both physical and virtual keyboard as I can adjust to either. Just depends how it feels in ur hands. I wouldn't say Droid has terrible keyboards, it really is how it fits u. I'm waiting on my D3 and see how I like it. Good luck!

ALOHA from the Hawaiian D2G / Xoom

OP
M

matt52592

Reaction score
thanks for the responses. i feel like the pro would be a good fit but i have the feeling that it Verizon is going to be pulling it from sales soon because of the lack of attention it is receiving. I have wet feet with the pro because if it does get pulled i feel like it will not the the GB update that all pro owners have been waiting months for. im going out of the country for a few weeks so hopefully by then the droid 3 will be out and i can compare that to the pro

DavidM.

Reaction score
Well if you don't get the update you can always root and install a custom ROM.