Need advice on new droid choice.

tomcatguy74

Reaction score
Hey all,

I was not sure where to put this so I just tried here.

Anyway I enjoy surfing the web, playing games, watching movies and videos on my mobile devices.

Which droid would you all recommend I get?

I was leaning toward the X but was not 100% sure. I am just hoping the internet is faster on the droids than my blackberry curve.

Robert

jimmyco2008

Reaction score
Droid X definitely. It is the only Droid that has an HDMI port, so you can hook it up to your TV to stream Netflix, Blockbuster (what a joke), Youtube, etc. I dunno if you can play games and the games show up on the TV, maybe someone could answer this? But anyway, the Droid X also has a way better camera than all the others, 8MP compared to 5MP on the Droid 2 and Droid Incredible I bleieve. And since they all run on the Verizon Network, you'll get the same speed with any. Oh and the Droid X has Swype, an awesome new way to text very quickly! Any other questions?

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
If you want to play games I'd wait for the phone rumored to have Tegra 2, coming out possibly dec/q1 2011

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Ask ten different people and you'll get ten different answers. If you can wait another month I'd recommend doing so because, as titans mentioned, there's a HOT new phone on the horizon that may actually be the game changer everyone says every new phone is going to be.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-news/83034-motorola-droid-t2-dual-cpu-super-phone.html

The image is a concept picture, so don't put much stock in it, but the whole idea of a dual-core phone that might get better battery life as well as all the potential awesomeness of Android 3.0, etc, means that there's a lot on the horizon that might be worth the wait. :)

Failing that, see about getting a Droid 1 on Craig's list or eBay for $150-$200 and saving that upgrade for the new phone. And yes, the 'net works a LOT faster on the Droid. If you have good 3G signal. :D

everstar80

Reaction score
Hey all,

I was not sure where to put this so I just tried here.

Anyway I enjoy surfing the web, playing games, watching movies and videos on my mobile devices.

Which droid would you all recommend I get?

I was leaning toward the X but was not 100% sure. I am just hoping the internet is faster on the droids than my blackberry curve.

Robert

I can assure you Robert that any droid you choose will be faster than your blackberry. I am biased, but if you text alot and play games then I recommend the droid 2. Since it already comes stocked with flashplayer it will intensify your gaming experience and with the qwerty keyboard, it allows you to type faster IMHO and that is without it being rooted. But get what will really suit you. Go to the store and play with each of the phones and see which one suits you the best. No matter how many opinions that you read it will be about your preference, besides you have 30 days to see if you like whatever you pick.

misskassie11

Reaction score
I came from a blackberry curve and I love my Droid X its so much better. My blackberry was so slow and froze up all the time. and I have not had any major problems with my droid! I'm happy i switched!