Tablet Choice Advice?

Sweettooth

Reaction score
I'm sure this is a the millionth time a variation of this topic has been posted but I figured it'd be worthwhile during the research process. I work for a Xerox-owned company and do external IT support for our customers as well as a little internal support and I've been asked to spec a tablet for myself.

For the longest I was looking at the Xoom and still might just go with that (hey, it's free) but I figured with tons of Xoom owners as well as owners of many other Android tablets, some of you might be able to give me some good pros and cons.

Basically I'd like to know what you guys think of the current Android tablets, what you're using, and if there's something upcoming that I miraculously haven't read about that I might want to hold out for. Forget price, what are the powerhouse tablets out there? Stable and feature rich? Figure I'll want to do everything from email to heavy gaming - lots of video playback and lots of internet browsing.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Beka27

Reaction score
I'm curious to read some responses as well. We might be in the tablet market sometime this summer.

I thought initially that the Xoom was the quintessential Android tablet, but I'm seeing more and more contempt for it here and there.

Whatever we got would be rooted, so we're looking for some good developer support.

OP
Sweettooth

Sweettooth

Reaction score
Yes! Really what I'm looking for is something like the Droid 1 and Nexus 1 was for phones - flagship devices with a large following and tons of developer support. This is because ultimately I'll probably use this for personal use, whether they let me take it if I leave or if I buy it off them, so I don't just want the latest gem, but one that's going to be the device compatibility test bed for all the new apps.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Current market of tablets out or soon to be out in order of MY FAVORITES;

1) Toshiba Thrive 16GB
2) Samsung Galaxy 10.1 16GB
3) Asus Transformer 16GB
4) Motorola Xoom

(If I was getting a free one of course I would opt for 32GB versions. Since they all support memory cards, I would buy myself a 16).

I just can't get over the high price of the Xoom. Motorola blew it there IMO with the $800 wifi only no contract version.