In a world of doesn't... droid ALSO DOESN'T

Status
Not open for further replies.

deubster

Reaction score
I carry 2 phones, a BB Bold from work and my Droid. The BB has 3 huge advantages over my Droid - it works on my overseas jobs, it syncs properly with my corporate Exchange Server, and it is paid for by my company.

So why do I have a Droid? For fun. To be in on the ground level of something that's destined to grow. To be on Verizon rather than AT&T. To have a useful browser. To listen to music. To play the occasional game. To keep track of friends. To run cool apps like Shazam and ShopSavvy. To be able to swap my own d**n battery.

The BB is no match for my Droid. Really a drag to use the web. The apps suck. The iPhone is OK, but I'd still have to have the BB for our BES setup, plus it simply doesn't have 3g in lots of the places I go. Plus my Droid is faster, and IMHO, prettier.

To the OP: I'm not really bothered that 1 phone can't do everything.

misfit

Reaction score
I think I hit just about everything.

Excellant job! And I agree with the 'Interesting First POST' comments. But in the poor guys defense, I came from a Windows Mobile phone and not having the PDF and Office sync stuff is kind of a surprise. They both do come standard on most WM phones.

And I do think that the switch from mini USB to micro is a bit leading edge. I recently tried to buy an extra micro USB cable at Best Buy and they didn't have them, yet. I expect this to be more main stream in the future, but a lot of these electronics companies must own the cable mfg companies too. (I have loads of mini USB cables sitting around.)

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
:closed_2:

This has run it's course.

Status
Not open for further replies.